Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Has this 914 been discussed before?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iwanta914-6
I saw this on craigslist and then went to the dealer's website. I was curious if anyone knows anything about it's history? It's out of my range, but I kind of dig it.

http://www.grandprimotors.com/details/1974.../19922996?cid=5
mepstein
Saw the fenders and clicked off the page.
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 10 2017, 09:13 AM) *

Saw the fenders and clicked off the page.

I surprisingly don't mind the fenders as much as I thought I would.
GregAmy
I like those flares, quite tastefully done. Dino 246-ish. Whose are they?

Edit: also like the instrument cluster mod. Overall, a nice subtle mod, not overdone or garish.
RickS
Beautifully done. IMNSHO the way the fenders should have been done to begin with rather than the tacked on afterthoughts we have. Flame suit in the hamper.
914forme
I have always liked 75-76 bumpers on a black car, with out the front tits even better.

Fender treatment looks like the standard 911 SC flare treatment front and back.

It was a yellow car, btw.

I also don't like the warts

Hey if it is your cup of tea go for it, it will taste very good.
ndfrigi
75/76 fog lamp. i like it!
mbseto
I wouldn't ding anyone for liking these fenders, but when someone gets that curve over the trunk blended just right into the GT flares, that's hard to beat.
Larmo63
I saw the fenders and lost all interest.

barf.gif
rjames
Looks very good from here. The late BBBs look totally work on this car, but not the early tits. They should have used the period correct late low profile ones or dropped them altogether.
SirAndy
Na, the fenders don't look too bad.

That crappy respray that still shows the original yellow everywhere on the other hand ...
icon8.gif
poorsche914
QUOTE(rjames @ Mar 10 2017, 11:23 AM) *
Looks very good from here. The late BBBs look totally work on this car, but not the early tits. They should have used the period correct late low profile ones or dropped them altogether.

This is a '74 with correct '74 steel bumpers and tits.
I don't mind the flares but they do take away from the character of the 914.
Gauge pod mod... blink.gif

driving.gif
Mueller
The flares look okay, however sort of useless if you are not going to utilize that extra space they afford. Tire/wheel combo too small sad.gif
EdwardBlume
I like it. CWs be damned! Had to make those wheels and tires fit somehow. biggrin.gif
914forme
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Mar 10 2017, 01:42 PM) *

QUOTE(rjames @ Mar 10 2017, 11:23 AM) *

This is a '74 with correct '74 steel bumpers and tits.
I don't mind the flares but they do take away from the character of the 914.
Gauge pod mod... blink.gif

driving.gif

I stand corrected, like them in body color aktion035.gif
Mike Bellis
That car has big titties...
porschetub
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Mar 11 2017, 05:21 AM) *

I saw the fenders and lost all interest.

barf.gif

Me too really that's not nice barf.gif barf.gif
Cairo94507
The flares don't make me crazy although they are not typical on our cars. I have always liked the GT flares and more than the GT flare, I really like the Tangerine Racing Signature flares http://www.tangerineracing.com/bodywork_and_restoration.htm. I think if I bought that car I would replace those with Chris' flares.

I would have to do something with the gauge pod- that does not work for me. Great idea, but the squared off nature of it makes me nuts.

The paint looks like a 10-footer. If you are going to do a color change, do it correctly and media blast the entire car. Otherwise this is what happens as the car is driven. Overall I give the car a 6.5 in condition and appearance based entirely on what the pictures show.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.