Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Air sealing the roof
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
db9146
I replaced the seal around the back of the roof several months ago. However, there is now a slight gap in the middle where the seal is about 1/8" off the targa, leading to wind and engine noise. I have tried putting the roof out in the sun, supporting the edges and then placing some weight in the middle along the back edge but it really hasn't seemed to help much.

Short of adding material under the rubber seal in the middle and tapering it to either side, are there other options I should try? I have checked with an early roof (the stock one) and a later model roof but no effect.

Mikey914
Curious, is the replacement the one with the fuzzey strip or without?
db9146
Mark,

Without.

Dee
r_towle
Try adding a small piece of rubber tubing to each hook on the back. It's not on the hook but put the tubing on the rod that the hook grabs, it will pull it down a bit more.
IronHillRestorations
I'd be curious if this is a factory seal, reproduction, or what's often called "OEM" which means it's supposed to be a factory supplier.
r_towle
also, there seems to be early and late roofs.
The don't fit the same.

Rich
dgraves
QUOTE(db9146 @ Mar 10 2017, 12:20 PM) *

I replaced the seal around the back of the roof several months ago. However, there is now a slight gap in the middle where the seal is about 1/8" off the targa, leading to wind and engine noise. I have tried putting the roof out in the sun, supporting the edges and then placing some weight in the middle along the back edge but it really hasn't seemed to help much.

Short of adding material under the rubber seal in the middle and tapering it to either side, are there other options I should try? I have checked with an early roof (the stock one) and a later model roof but no effect.

I replaced my seal with one that has the fuzzy from 914Rubber. The fuzzy takes away all rubber squeak and seals air. I'm very happy with it.
Dan
porschetub
QUOTE(dgraves @ Mar 14 2017, 06:23 AM) *

QUOTE(db9146 @ Mar 10 2017, 12:20 PM) *

I replaced my seal with one that has the fuzzy from 914Rubber. The fuzzy takes away all rubber squeak and seals air. I'm very happy with it.
Dan

agree.gif that's the one that Mark @914rubber recommended to me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.