Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Werks Reunion Pictures?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GeorgeRud
Any members fortunate enough to be at the Werks Reunion down at Amelia Island today? Share pictures if you can so the rest of us can get a feel for the event!
poorsche914
LIVE awards video going on now (3:00pm Eastern)

driving.gif
billh1963
I just got back to South Carolina. LOTS of Porsche's...most I think I have seen in one place.

Not that many 914's. A few 914-6's, a creamsicle and a real (I think?) M471 race car.

I took a couple hundred pictures....including those cars and many others. I tried posting some. But, they are too big.

I'm tired and don't feel like resizing them. I guess 914World doesn't automatically resize?
poorsche914
Try this... IMAGE RESIZER for WINDOWS

driving.gif
billh1963
Very nice work from these guys...doing something along the lines of "Singer Lite"

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
billh1963
Obligatory picture of the ride I took. Since they were celebrating 20 years of Boxster I took one of those instead of one of the 911's...

Click to view attachment

No way to capture the scale without a drone...This is just part of the Porsche Corral on just one fairway (and there were plenty of cars to the right of the field of view I couldn't capture not counting the probably 100+ in the spectator parking lot)

Click to view attachment
billh1963
That should hold you over for a while...I'll post more later today!
jmitro
Great pics and awesome cars; thanks for sharing.

anyone have a guess as to the sort of front valance on the orange 914 racecar?
Cairo94507
Wow! Thanks so much for posting those. A lot of very fine cars.
billh1963
Not your normal Boxster (look at the nose)....

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
billh1963
For you fanboi's.....

Click to view attachment
jrblackbox
Great pics ! Thanks for sharing.
Big Len
Great pics !!!
coupelover
Rufus at Amelia
Dion
Appreciate the pics. Thanks for sharing with us.
Cracker
Very nice - thanks! Look like the weather cooperated too!

Tony

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
DRPHIL914
Thanks for sharing the pictures Bill, wish i could have been there- see anyone you know besides Magnus? I actually like that Silver with red interior Boxster. Also the outlaw 356-
Mueller
Thanks for posting those pictures, one of those venues I doubt I'll ever go to, so pictures will have to do smile.gif
abes914
Thanks for sharing the pictures!
aktion035.gif
rgalla9146
Is that Chuck Stoddard on the right in the picture of the #44 RSK ?
Big thanks you for posting the pictures
My 914
Browsing through these warm weather pictures was a nice way to spend some time on a cold Sunday afternoon admiring the beautiful cars.
Rsjg911
QUOTE(jmitro @ Mar 11 2017, 09:14 AM) *

Great pics and awesome cars; thanks for sharing.

anyone have a guess as to the sort of front valance on the orange 914 racecar?

I spoke with the owner, Rich at Rix 914 Parts (he's on 914World) specifically about the front valance and he assured me it was original. He showed me the two mounting holes at each end. While he has not registered his car yet I urged him to do so to help fill in the gap.

The silver 914-6 is owned by my friend Danny in S. Florida. It is stunning.

The orange six, said to be a GT, took first place however I had more questions than answers about the car. Now, I am NOT a 914 expert, let alone a GT expert and I noted that the VIN did start with 914 but there appeared to be some bondo or fiberglass around the flares which was chipping away. Weren't these steel? Also, it had a removable roof, no side or roof marker lights, etc. Maybe it was a recreation or made from spare parts but it looked completely different from the documented GT at the Collier Collection of Porsches.

Lastly, I saw Magnus Walker again; second time in two weeks! And Wayne Carini in the Ritz bar the night before the show.

What an amazing assemblage of rare, unique and proudly displayed Porsches. It was a fantastic show.

Ron
pete000
What a turn out ! Must be nice to be at the LA Porsche shows and less than 5 days later be all the way across the country at another big show !

I was lucky to be able to get two hours at the LA Swap meet last week !

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.