Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Eagle GT
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Unobtanium-inc
My brother found an old pic of a 914 kit car my dad built, it was called the Eagle GT and was supposed to look like a Ferrari Dino. It was cool.
johnhora
That is COOL...!'ve never seem that body kit....Looks Great!
What happened to it....any more story line
mepstein
There's a thread here somewhere. I think they made 3 versions.
914forme
Here you go biggrin.gif
boxsterfan
Way cool. I think there was a version made from a early 70's Z-car also.
EdwardBlume
Looks much better than most. aktion035.gif

Whats the little circle holes in the front and rear fenders?
SirAndy
QUOTE(RobW @ Mar 10 2017, 02:03 PM) *

To hook in the car cover?
confused24.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 10 2017, 02:06 PM) *

To hook in the car cover?
confused24.gif

Aren't those lights?
boxsterfan

Those are Ferrari cupholders.
csdilligaf
That is by far the best looking Dino kit and I would jump on the chance to build one. Looking at their site now!
Unobtanium-inc
After my dad sold it it bounced around Atlanta, even popping up at AA at one point. He saw it for sale in a parking lot years later and the seller had this long convoluted story of how the body was ordered from Germany, etc, etc. My dad politely listened to the whole thing and then asked if the handles to keep the front down said Samsonite on them.
The guy was like, "How do you know that?"
Because he built the car and took the handles off his old luggage...

Ironically the last time I saw the car it was for sale about a block from my house in Decatur, but it was real rough. It had been rear ended and broke the whole rear clip off and it got worse from there. If my dad was still alive at that point I might have brought it back with him, but he was already dead so I didn't buy the car.
EdwardBlume
You should build one.
Dave_Darling
That is by far the best-executed one of these I have seen photos of. Most of them look far rougher, and mis-proportioned.

--DD
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Mar 10 2017, 03:50 PM) *

That is by far the best-executed one of these I have seen photos of. Most of them look far rougher, and mis-proportioned.

--DD

My dad was a bit obsessive in the building, he wet sanded the fibreglass until it shone. He did some other custom things like he threw out the tail lights the Eagle people provided and used Opel ones. He painted it black at one point and then back to red.
Tom_T

F & R Side Marker Lights Rob.

Cool Porscerarri! driving.gif

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Krieger
I like it!
914forme
You have more Pictures?
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(914forme @ Mar 10 2017, 06:51 PM) *

You have more Pictures?

I don't think so, I didn't even know this one was still around until my brother found it, but I'll ask.
IronHillRestorations
I tried hard to get a kit, but the guy who developed that was kind of eccentric. Didn't like to have anyone call it a "kit car". After many calls and dead ends I dropped the chase. One of the best body kits for a 914 IMHO.

The Dino is one of my favorites along with the 904. Some of the best lines in 60's sports cars.

I'm betting the little round circles are side markers off a Mopar
JmuRiz
Lok like mopar marker lights to me too smile.gif

Love the samsonite story, too funny.
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(Perry Kiehl @ Mar 10 2017, 07:45 PM) *

I tried hard to get a kit, but the guy who developed that was kind of eccentric. Didn't like to have anyone call it a "kit car". After many calls and dead ends I dropped the chase. One of the best body kits for a 914 IMHO.

The Dino is one of my favorites along with the 904. Some of the best lines in 60's sports cars.

I'm betting the little round circles are side markers off a Mopar

Put a 904 body on a 914, now that's crazy talk....
sixnotfour
the guy who has the molds has been going to remake a modern version for years...............
http://www.eaglegt.com/index.php

904-914 not so much
IronHillRestorations
IMHO if they would just stick to the Dino it would be fine. Adding scoops, snorkles, louvers, and fins just make it more kit looking.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Perry Kiehl @ Mar 11 2017, 07:25 AM) *

IMHO if they would just stick to the Dino it would be fine. Adding scoops, snorkles, louvers, and fins just make it more kit looking.

agree.gif

The Dino like the Jaguar XKE is one of the purest automotive shapes in the world.
Unobtanium-inc
If anyone ever wanted one, here is your chance, one on ebay. It's not my dad's, his used Opel tail lights, I remember going to the junk yard to get them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/142387098856?_trks...K%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Mark Henry
PatW an active member here used to own the Eagle GT molds.
Eagle was in every VW mag in the early 80's but went bankrupt by about the mid 80s.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.