Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paint Code 98
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BENBRO02
Is the 1975 1.8 that is listed in the classifieds with paint code 98 that was originally Cepia Brown worth big bucks? There are currently only 2 paint code 98 from 75 listed in the member registry and neither are Cepia Brown.
Coondog
It's worth the same price as any other 75 ugly bumpered 914......l stirthepot.gif
ConeDodger
Rare yes. There was a reason for that... icon8.gif

Not any more valuable though.
Dave_Darling
*Sepia .

I know of at least two 73s in that color. It's not a color I particularly like, but some do.

--DD
EdwardBlume
Raspberry and Aubergine are two noteworthy special order colors. The is rest are just whatever you like.
Tom_T
QUOTE(BENBRO02 @ Mar 10 2017, 08:21 PM) *

Is the 1975 1.8 that is listed in the classifieds with paint code 98 that was originally Cepia Brown worth big bucks? There are currently only 2 paint code 98 from 75 listed in the member registry and neither are Cepia Brown.

Ben, I'd say quite the opposite!

Here are your key words to answer your question: "paint code 98 that was originally Cepia Brown" ....

So it is not a special code color, but apparently a color change, & therefore color changed classic cars are worth less than original paint or restored as original paint. This is a known market fact which you can check with some research at the Hemmings & Hagerty websites.

Also, the 74-75 1.8s & 70-73 1.7s are at the lower end of the valuation curves of all 914s 70-76.

You can check values/pricing for 914s you're looking for at the Hagerty valuation tool link below, but make sure to read their definitions carefully, & then be brutally honest & objective in rating the condition of the cars, as if you were one of their underwriters. You can also see the value history by the various levels' color curves on the charts.

https://www.hagerty.com/apps/valuationtools/search/auto

I know, it's just like school with homework, but more fun in the end if done right! biggrin.gif

PS - It's Sepia Brown FYI.

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
iwanta914-6
Also dont be concerned with the original color on this particular car. Be concerned about the amount of rust under the passenger side jack tube. That car will likely need a lot of work...
BENBRO02
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Mar 11 2017, 09:59 AM) *

QUOTE(BENBRO02 @ Mar 10 2017, 08:21 PM) *

Ben, I'd say quite the opposite!

Here are your key words to answer your question: "paint code 98 that was originally Cepia Brown" ....

So it is not a special code color, but apparently a color change, & therefore color changed classic cars are worth less than original paint or restored as original paint. This is a known market fact which you can check with some research at the Hemmings & Hagerty websites.

Also, the 74-75 1.8s & 70-73 1.7s are at the lower end of the valuation curves of all 914s 70-76.

You can check values/pricing for 914s you're looking for at the Hagerty valuation tool link below, but make sure to read their definitions carefully, & then be brutally honest & objective in rating the condition of the cars, as if you were one of their underwriters. You can also see the value history by the various levels' color curves on the charts.

https://www.hagerty.com/apps/valuationtools/search/auto

I know, it's just like school with homework, but more fun in the end if done right! biggrin.gif

PS - It's Sepia Brown FYI.

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Thanks for the link. It will come in handy for valuation of my current 914 when I finally get it on the road this or next month. The plan is to be in Hershey on April 22nd.
Front yard mechanic
It's not the color they are that makes them rare it's the color they lack that makes them rare that being rust color lol-2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.