Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Someone yanked my car cover
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Hammy
I don't get it confused24.gif Why? I went out today heading to school and I notice my car cover is gone. Check the trunks to make sure I didn't stick it in there and forgot about it.. Nope. I remember putting it on last night. Car cover gone. dry.gif Who the hell would steal a car cover? Well, it was quite expensive, but it was so small it barely fit the 914! Maybe someone did it to piss me off? Who knows.
Well anyways, in a mad rage I pulled out my video surveillance system and hooked it all up.
Now I have a nice view of the driveway... smile.gif
Joe Bob
They make a cable lock for them...goes under the car and locks on each side in a grommet.

Of course it will prolly just piss the guy off and he will take a knife to it.

Sorry it happened.... mad.gif
redshift
nice view... now arm it with a big gun.

M
Mueller
I spray painted my cars license number on mine and then spray painted the edges of the cover bright orange...it's ugly, but hopefully it'll make them think twice about stealing it....
anthony
Could it have blown off the car?
Andyrew
Hammy... Someone did that to my car a month ago....

I had the door unlocked and everything.. Didnt even attemp to open the door...

It was bungie corded down, and they LEFT the bungie cords....

Andyrew
Oh, might I add this was also the day that girls from my school (that did not take the cover...) tp'd my house..
914fire
Your covers are probaby already on a ship. 60 min. did a story about the 914 cover shortage in China. They are worth a mint on the black market over there people getting killed over them and everything!!!! ar15.gif ................... biggrin.gif
Hammy
Yeah, I checked to see if it blew off and was down the street or something but it wasn't. My car was also unlocked, speakers very easily could've been taken but weren't. unsure.gif

Andyrew.. I believe I saw you today in a 944 on Mchenry. cool.gif Was it you? I think it had a roll cage inside it, but I dunno.
Andyrew
Most likely me.. I did drive the one with the roll cage in it..

Drove it today after school to an apointment...

Drive my car to school and work 70% of the time now though....

Black thing... cant miss it..
wheelo
Sorry -Bro !
Thieves Suck...plain and simple... don't steal from people !

screwy.gif

- M
campbellcj
I had a cover stolen off my 911 once. It was a custom-fit one that would not fit any car but a 911...therefore I figure it either was a 911/912 owner who did it, or a really stupid punk kid thief. screwy.gif I use a cable lock now, which could be snipped in 2 seconds but is better than nothing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.