Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New member introduction
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Z Driver
I recently signed up for the forums. I am looking to buy a 914 for a fun semi-daily driver that gets good gas mileage. I currently own a '96 BMW M3 and '80 Datsun 280ZX which I'm finishing a turbo swap on (should be a 12 second car). I'm looking to sell my Oldsmobile and buy a 914 to drive to a from college about once of twice a month. I've put too many miles on the ///M and it kills me with gas mileage in the city. The Datsun is registered as a classic. I spent so much time and money restoring it that I really do not want to drive it on anything more than a cruise. I was orginally looking for aircooled beetles and remembered 914's were also aircooled. I compared prices and they are almost the same price. The simplicity of the aircooled design is very appealing to me.

This is a great board that I have been lurking on for about a week. I am pleased to see how much activity there is on this site. I've seen some boards that get only a few posts for week. You guys seem like a great bunch of people. wavey.gif

Here are my current rides:
user posted image

user posted image
red914
welcome to the madness. monkeydance.gif

make sure you get some jackstands when you buy your 914. laugh.gif sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif smash.gif
JoeSharp
Welcome to the Garage. Yeah, We Rock!!!!!!!
Your are in the right place.
Thanks for the pics.
biggrin.gif Joe
Jeroen
welcome to the club!

when you start looking for a car, make sure you know where to look for rust...
or ask someone from here to help you check it out
or take lots of pics and post them here (usually works good too)
Joe Bob
Welcome....take a shot of Cazadores and talk to us in the morning....you feel better.
SpecialK
Alright!! clap.gif Another Missourian gettin' on board with 914's.
Are you looking to rebuild one? Or find one that's ready to go?

-Kevin
markb
Welcome! You might want to reserve your rubber room now. biggrin.gif
914fire
hey to another SHOW MEITE, Where abouts in columbia are you ?Ive got a farm just north of there beerchug.gif
Z Driver
QUOTE (914fire @ May 4 2005, 04:36 PM)
hey to another SHOW MEITE, Where abouts in columbia are you ?Ive got a farm just north of there beerchug.gif

I'm currently on the Mizzou campus. I picked up my own place for next semester close to downtown which has unlimited covered parking, one of the reasons I want a 914 so I can choose between that and my M3 when I go out. Do you know of any good 914's in this area for sale?
914fire
Dont know of any 914s for sale around columbia . I actually live north of KC but have a farm just north of there where i hunt.
Always Looking
Welcome, when shopping for your 914 check out the area just beneath the battery on the passenger side AKA Hell hole. If you search this forum for hell hole, you will see what i mean. Please be sitting down while reviewing your search results....and have a bucket nearby icon8.gif
GWN7
Hello and welcome beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.