Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Suggestion To Improve Classified Parts Forum
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ansbacher
Hi all. I put this suggestion here so we don't clog up the parts listings on the classified forum. I think it would be a great improvement if the parts that are actually eBay listings be segregated into their own section of the classifieds.

Reason- Some poor slob places his ad for a part he wants to sell on his own, then whamo, along comes a dump of eBay listings on top of his ad. Within a couple of hours his ad has dropped so far down the list due to eBay dumps that few members will notice it. There are some days when practically every ad in the top 50 or so are eBay ads.

So, why don't we give actual member ads a chance to get the exposure they deserve by having a separate listing for those ads and a separate listing for eBay ads? If there is a consensus, perhaps the site admins will think its a good idea too and make the necessary adjustments.

Thanks for listening.

Ansbacher
mepstein
They already are separate in their own sub forum. Works great.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showforum=18
GregAmy
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 12 2017, 02:13 PM) *

They already are separate in their own sub forum. Works great.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showforum=18

Yeah, I didn't even realize there was an eBay ad forum...I've always used the above to buy and sell all thing 914.
boxstr
It is one of the rules in the classifieds to begin your ad WTB or FS and then the items description. How hard is to do that.
Craig at CAMP
Ansbacher
I guess I got confused with the "Latest Classified Items" that comes up on the Home Page. There everything is lumped together. I did not realize the "FS/WTB" section did not include eBay items.

Ansbacher
SirAndy
QUOTE(Ansbacher @ Mar 12 2017, 01:06 PM) *
I guess I got confused with the "Latest Classified Items" that comes up on the Home Page. There everything is lumped together.

The hompage shows the latest from *all* classified forums (except the Craigslist RSS feeds) ...
shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.