Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 antennas and antenna keys
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
914Next
Someone posted the Facebook Porsche914 page about how many have their red valet keys yet. As I responded I also mentioned and shared a pic of the antenna keys (used to raise the antenna when it is in the fully down position) on my keychain. Someone asked if these are original.

I know the antenna is original to my car when the radio was installed at the dealer. I believe it's a bosch antenna (?). Anyone know more about the antenna's installed on our cars and did they all have the antenna with the antenna key?

Thanks

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Tom_T
Steve,

The antennas were mostly added by dealers, & there were several makes which they sold. Some didn't have keys - i.e.: just a plain basic pull up antenna with no locking function.

While I got my 73 2L from the original owner in 75, he didn't pass along a key to me initially, then I found a replacement key at the dealer, & then he found the original & I got it too - but I never really used them to lock the antenna back then. I have no idea which old key-chain has those keys on it, but just another thing to hunt down in my boxes later on. I think mine was a Hirschmann too.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
914Next
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Mar 12 2017, 04:34 PM) *

Steve,

The antennas were mostly added by dealers, & there were several makes which they sold. Some didn't have keys - i.e.: just a plain basic pull up antenna with no locking function.

While I got my 73 2L from the original owner in 75, he didn't pass along a key to me initially, then I found a replacement key at the dealer, & then he found the original & I got it too - but I never really used them to lock the antenna back then. I have no idea which old key-chain has those keys on it, but just another thing to hunt down in my boxes later on. I think mine was a Hirschmann too.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Thanks Tom. Actually I didn't even realize they lock!! I thought it was just to use to pull the mast up. I'll have to check that out. Learn something new everyday here.
wes
I have that antenna also, anyone know where I can get one of those keys?
914Next
QUOTE(wes @ Mar 13 2017, 11:55 AM) *

I have that antenna also, anyone know where I can get one of those keys?

I have seen one or two on eBay but they come up very rarely. Good luck!
914Next
QUOTE(914Next @ Mar 12 2017, 04:48 PM) *

Steve,

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Thanks Tom. Actually I didn't even realize they lock!! I thought it was just to use to pull the mast up. I'll have to check that out. Learn something new everyday here.

Thanks, Tom. After doing a bit more research, mine is definitely a Bosch as the key (need to check the antenna base itself) has the Bosch logo on it.

I seem to have raised some interest in this key. A friend is now looking for one or two also. Anyone have one you are willing to sell? Thanks.

Steve
smveril
QUOTE(914Next @ Mar 13 2017, 05:00 PM) *

Steve,

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Thanks, Tom. After doing a bit more research, mine is definitely a Bosch as the key (need to check the antenna base itself) has the Bosch logo on it.

I seem to have raised some interest in this key. A friend is now looking for one or two also. Anyone have one you are willing to sell? Thanks.

Steve

I bought a new Hirshmann antenna and it came with a key. The key is to tighten it when installing in the car.

Mike
914Next
QUOTE(smveril @ Apr 2 2017, 05:12 PM) *

QUOTE(914Next @ Mar 13 2017, 05:00 PM) *

Steve,

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Steve

I bought a new Hirshmann antenna and it came with a key. The key is to tighten it when installing in the car.

Mike

The key is actually to raise and lower the antenna and lock it in the down position.

Steve
halmil
I have an antenna key for my car, However, it looks like a flathead screwdriver. No "claws".
edrotol
QUOTE(914Next @ Mar 13 2017, 06:00 PM) *

Steve,

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Steve

I have 2 of these keys all original it looks like, just stashed away doing nothing.

How much is one of this really worth???
914Next
QUOTE(edrotol @ May 3 2017, 08:31 PM) *

QUOTE(914Next @ Mar 13 2017, 06:00 PM) *

Steve,

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Steve

I have 2 of these keys all original it looks like, just stashed away doing nothing.

How much is one of this really worth???

I don't think they are worth that much. Maybe $10-15? I'll PM you I'd be interested in buying.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.