Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Battery cover or not?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dgraves
Car is going to paint soon. I have a prestine HH and battery tray that I want to maintain. Anyone using a battery cover? If so, what brand. Thanks.
porschetub
QUOTE(dgraves @ Mar 14 2017, 06:37 AM) *

Car is going to paint soon. I have a prestine HH and battery tray that I want to maintain. Anyone using a battery cover? If so, what brand. Thanks.

Not original I know but the one that comes with the mk3 VW golf would be ideal if your battery fits,just Velcro's together ,looks tidy too.
Click to view attachment
GeorgeRud
Years ago, there was a recall on the 914s that provided them with a las tic battery cover and some other fuel line replacements (if I remember correctly). You might be able to see if your VIN was subject to the recall and if the program is still available.
JawjaPorsche
The battery cover was added because the old batteries were not sealed.

Acid runoff meant toasted fuel lines plus fires!
dgraves
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Mar 13 2017, 02:29 PM) *

The battery cover was added because the old batteries were not sealed.

Acid runoff meant toasted fuel lines plus fires!

It's a new sealed battery so I guess I'm good thank you.
bandjoey
I guess if we drove into service and said Here about the recall they'd probably fall over laughing. av-943.gif
Rand
That was my reaction about the recall idea. How long do recalls remain in effect? Somehow I'd guess less than 40 years. wacko.gif I'm thinking they expire at 10 years or less. But hey, I'd be super impressed if they still honored it!
bandjoey
On a day with nothing else to do laugh.gif
Montreal914
Done sunglasses.gif

Click to view attachment
struckn
All I did was put a Battery Mat on the Tray under the Battery and one behind the Battery on the back side. Change it every couple years with new Mats.
mtndawg
It seems that the AGM battery is the way to go. I've used that in 2 914's, 356, and 911 with an Odyssey hold down.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.