Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gas Burner Repops
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GeorgeRud
Does anyone have some of the gas burner repops that are being sold by CIP1 (and possibly others)? I like the look of the original Mahles on narrow rendered 914-6s, but am not impressed with the price and rarity of 45 year old magnesium wheels. I figures some of these repops with silver paint (or powdercoating) would be nice for a street driven car.
Mark Henry
I'd say like all repops they are not correct, sharper corners, details missing, the fuchs don't take a real cap, etc...

Plus they are only 5.5" wide.

From 10 feet they're OK I guess.
IronHillRestorations
If I were going to knock off a classic factory wheel, I'd at least go with a 6" width.
914Sixer
Safety wise you are way ahead. I agree they are lacking in details but like you said with a little effort they came be made to look close. I even looked at them today a CIP1. Very attractive at $110 each shipped.
boxsterfan
Certainly need a 6" width wheel at a minimum for a repro wheel. I think they look great though....especially since most people aren't building a concourse car.
porschetub
Love these wheels personally but 5.5 jeez we call those biscuit tyres in my country,sort of a wider space saver lol-2.gif lol-2.gif .
But all said and done on modern tyres maybe they would work ok,I got somewhat flamed on here a while back for fake fuches but in reality they are new and wheel manufacture has moved on since my 1983 SC wheels were made ,I'am happy with that.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Perry Kiehl @ Mar 13 2017, 10:34 PM) *

If I were going to knock off a classic factory wheel, I'd at least go with a 6" width.

cip1... they're made for VW bug crowd that why they're 5.5".
6" will fit a bug, but the won't fit a Ghia lowered front.
defianty
Mine were from JGE in the UK. Not sure if they're still around.

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.