Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brakes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
9fourteen14
I need brakes on my 74 teener 2.0.
I am contemplating what to get.
I know none of the commercial auto parts stores have them (but they say they can get them.. I am a little afraid of that)

I know there are many threads here on brakes. and some threads turn into brakes.

I know about pmb. I know I can also rebuild my brakes, calipers, rotors myself. but I
don't want to. I DO NOT drive my teener fast. I just love taking it out for a casual ride.

with that said: what would you suggest for brakes and where do i obtain them?

I really appreciate this forum. I have learned so much about my teener. it is my favorite vehicle now. I feel so bad when i have to put it away for the winter.

so any comment you make i really appreciate on 74 914 brakes.

KTF 914 luva
KELTY360
QUOTE(9fourteen14 @ Mar 13 2017, 05:35 PM) *

I need brakes on my 74 teener 2.0.

I know about pmb. I know I can also rebuild my brakes, calipers, rotors myself. but I
don't want to.

KTF 914 luva

It's great when someone answers their own question. shades.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Mar 13 2017, 07:52 PM) *

It's great when someone answers their own question. shades.gif

Never ever cut corners on the braking system.

http://www.pmbperformance.com/914brake.html

You would be better off leaving it in the the garage than not doing the brakes properly.
tomh
Maybe I can get in on this thread with a question. I just did all the brakes on my 74, rebuilt calipers new roters New stainless lines and pads along with new Bering. I can't seem to get rid of a slight squeak in the left front.
Did I leave something out or something wrong on that side. It only squeaks when stopping slow and gently. Not when slamming on.
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(9fourteen14 @ Mar 13 2017, 06:35 PM) *

I need brakes on my 74 teener 2.0. ....
I know about pmb.

If you know about PMB, what is the question? They are all you need for brakes.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.