Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1970 914/6 #9140431518
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cal
The details aren't 100% correct but this looks like a fairly nice 1970 914/6 that just came on the market....but it's not cheap $89K.

http://www.schmitt.com/inventory/1970-porsche-914-6-targa/
Jett
Wow
Mike Fitton
Nice pictures. Isn't that a late fake leather steering wheel, also is that a dash cap on there? 25,000 original miles and the dash knob images are all worn off, center pad is wrong. Outside mirror is also a late. One door striker taped off before paint the other is now body color, Oops! Anyone else?
Minerva's 914
NICE!!!
Cal
Nice attention to detail.....

GeorgeRud
Several clues that it wasn't a great respray, but does look pretty nice.
Cal
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Mar 13 2017, 11:13 PM) *

Nice looking car. Except for the late fake leather steering wheel, also is that a dash cap on there?

Mike, was the Blaupunkt Frankfurt available in stereo form in 1970?
Mike Fitton
QUOTE(Cal @ Mar 13 2017, 07:28 PM) *

Nice looking car. Except for the late fake leather steering wheel, also is that a dash cap on there?

Yes, started in '69. Has the wrong chrome trim on this one should have the recessed center bar that was satin finish and mounted from the front. But could have been a dealer install, actually the basket weave faceplate has been altered to allow the chrome trim piece to fit through the back. That chrome trim is for '65 to '68 911's where the radio gets pushed through the opening from behind.
Larmo63
180 MPH Speedo, looks well done.

I've seen worse.
boxsterfan
Only $89K? I would buy it but I hear the yellow ones are too fast.
rgalla9146
QUOTE(Cal @ Mar 13 2017, 11:28 PM) *

Our cars all have two speakers. 911s of the period ? only one.
I see it as the ultimate 914 radio. I just looks soooo right.
However......real men prefer a block off plate.
Peashooter
Wonder who did the restoration on this one? From the details you can see and the condition of the tool kit, you have to wonder how bad the car was to start with, and was it repaired properly?
gms
Hopefully they fixed the rotting longitudinal and removed the fiberglass and repaired rear trunk repair
Click to view attachment
gms
It had 23,800 in 1989 when Bill Wagoner owned it so very little mileage since then (while Mr. Knight owned it).
I am going to have to disagree
Click to view attachment
GeorgeRud
It's a shame that someone took the time to make it look so nice externally and tried to hide such obvious flaws. This points out the need to really inspect these arms completely, preferably up on a lift as well.
Dave_Darling
Jeez! For $90K, fiberglass repair of rusted metal panels and tons of overspray is just not acceptable.

--DD
6freak
makes a solid car with tons of parts and a trailer for the same price look really good
smile.gif if the trunks that bad imagine whats under the shinning new paint you cant see....
lalee914
Check the photos of the front shock towers....
Cairo94507
Overall, that is not a badly done Six. Sure you have the horribly done rear trunk repair (coverup), the painted passenger door latch, the painted front strut top hardware, no finisher on the exhaust pipe and surely a few other things. The only real "project" is the rear trunk repair. The remainder looks to be in fairly decent condition. Speedo (180) looks weird to me. I do not think that is an $89K car (yet) but it certainly is a $75-80K car, assuming all else checks out with no other hidden crummy repairs. I do like the yellow- don't seem to see a lot of those.
GeorgeRud
Canary yellow is great when not hiding problems!. I was fortunate enough to buy mine out of a barn in southern Illinois in 1977 and have enjoyed it ever since. Click to view attachment
raynekat
"Rare factory color combination?"
WTH? Yellow with black interior?

Oh yeah, normally you'd get a purple interior with a yellow exterior. wink.gif
Nice marketing hype....
Mike Fitton
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Mar 14 2017, 03:17 PM) *

Canary yellow is great when not hiding problems!. I was fortunate enough to buy mine out of a barn in southern Illinois in 1977 and have enjoyed it ever since. Click to view attachment

Nice picture George, is that Traverse City?
GeorgeRud
17 mile drive at the Monterey Parade!
stevend914
Just dropped my car off for new rubber and this car is sitting outside waiting for ? Didn't look at the trunk.
"Our dealership spans 4 acres, boasts 3 luxurious showrooms, a state-of-the-art service department, a world-class restoration facility" Not sure why is would be at the service facility I usually use, maybe someone getting a ppi done?
Kaeferfreund
QUOTE(boxsterfan @ Mar 14 2017, 06:51 AM) *

Only $89K? I would buy it but I hear the yellow ones are too fast.

thumb3d.gif
Kaeferfreund
QUOTE(lalee914 @ Mar 14 2017, 09:59 PM) *

Check the photos of the front shock towers....

My goodness! That poor car seems to be unprofessional sprayed after the bonhams auction last December:

https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/23945/lot/35/

We had checked that one in 2014 ....it had a lot of rust and porous areas (rocker).
I would like to see the underbody today idea.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.