Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wheel Refinishing CT/NY
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
simonjb
Hi,

I have a 1974 with 2.0 Fuchs and I am looking to get the wheels refinished. They look ok, but I am looking for a first class stock refinishing. Anyone used someone within 50 or so miles of Stamford, CT?
Tom_T
I can't speak for local to you in CT, but the Concours worthy correct resto guys most use are out West in CA - either ....

Al Reed Polishing in Anaheim CA

or

Weidman's Wheels in Oroville CA

Both can get them restored to exact stock, including re-anodizing them, if you specify it that way. Talk to Al R. &/or Harvey W.

Other shops you're taking a chance on whether they know what is & how to do the original finish IMHO.

PS - I just noticed that you're a Kiwi a long way from home, so maybe you could work them into a trip back home, with a stop in SoCal or NoCal for either shop, on your way back to visit NZ sometime?

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
mepstein
Both those guys are very good but typically have a year or more turnaround time. So if you only have one set of wheels...
There's another option that has proven to be very good with a 2-6 week turn around. It still requires shipping your wheels. With most shops on the east coast, you will take your chance if you want a factory look restoration.
Big Len
There's a place in Middletown NY that I've heard was very good. I have no personal experience, but might be worth a call.

http://rimslikenew.com/
burton73
I called him on some 9s x 16 . I Had. A very nice guy and you can get him on the phone every time. I have used Al Read for 20 years but he takes way too long and you can never get him on the phone. Rick is the guy. Nice guy. I will try him next time. 260 per wheel is a very good price if you get them back in 4 to 6 weeks. Fuchsrestoration.com

Bob

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.