Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dansk Banana Performance change?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
second wind
Hey teener brothers....and sisters I hope.....does the Dansk banana muffler provide any performance changes over the stock banana? I have a '73 2.0. Any and all comments welcome. Thank you very much.
gg
IronHillRestorations
It's my understanding the Dansk is a reproduction of the factory muffler, so I'd speculate no changes in performance.
Tom_T
QUOTE(Perry Kiehl @ Mar 15 2017, 01:43 PM) *

It's my understanding the Dansk is a reproduction of the factory muffler, so I'd speculate no changes in performance.

agree.gif

.... The Dansk IS the factory muffler which Bursch & Leistritz & maybe other OEMs used to make! If you contact a Porsche Dealer for a 914 2.0 or 1.7/1.8 muffler, they'll get you a Dansk.

The only advantages are that it's not rusty (yet) & the exhaust pipe tip is chromed so you don't have to hunt down the NLA chrome tip optional part.

FYI - Dansk/JP are now also working with SSI to produce the SS Heat Exchangers/Exhaust Headers new, since the Factory mild steel ones are long since NLA. I thing the SSI HEs only come in 2.0 flavor now though, but those work on a 1.7 or 1.8 if you also add a 2L Banana muffler & hanger.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
boxsterfan
It adds about as much horsepower as this:

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.