Mueller
QUOTE(Joe Bob @ Mar 15 2017, 09:27 PM) *

https://youtu.be/u0fylsr6FNM

how do u embed a video?

Click to view attachment

See example above, basically the numbers/letters after the last forward slash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0fylsr6FNM
SirAndy
The title should read "Die Faszination" ...
dry.gif
draganc
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 15 2017, 08:49 PM) *

dry.gif

+1.

that's strange that they messed Die and Der up.
mbseto
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 16 2017, 12:49 AM) *

dry.gif

Not necessarily, it might not be intended as nominative. It could be "ein Film von der Faszination..." etc.
SirAndy
QUOTE(mbseto @ Mar 16 2017, 11:30 AM) *
Not necessarily, it might not be intended as nominative. It could be "ein Film von der Faszination..." etc.

It could be many things, do you know something about this movies we don't or are you just pulling this out of thin air?

Since they don't provide any context beyond the title, "Der" just makes no sense.
confused24.gif
wndsrfr
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 16 2017, 12:43 PM) *

It could be many things, do you know something about this movies we don't or are you just pulling this out of thin air?

Since they don't provide any context beyond the title, "Der" just makes no sense.
confused24.gif

As in "Die Bart, Die"? Translating as "The Bart, The".....
Mike Bellis
Not really that fascinating... bootyshake.gif
Larmo63
The bouncing tits are more fascinating to me.
Joe Bob
driving-girl.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Joe Bob @ Mar 16 2017, 08:43 PM) *

driving-girl.gif

Just writing it in bigger letters on a flashy poster doesn't make it any better.
rolleyes.gif

Still makes no sense in German, which i assume is what they are going for ...
confused24.gif
Joe Bob
Don't shoot the messenger......source of my avatar.....and a bunny with a waffle on it's head.

http://www.karinahart.com/
ljubodraz
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 16 2017, 11:23 PM) *

QUOTE(Joe Bob @ Mar 16 2017, 08:43 PM) *

driving-girl.gif

Just writing it in bigger letters on a flashy poster doesn't make it any better.
rolleyes.gif

Still makes no sense in German, which i assume is what they are going for ...
confused24.gif

I think it's rather simple why "die" wasn't used from an English marketing perspective. Think about it. Would you want people unfamiliar with German to interpret it as "The death of fascination?" blink.gif
jim_hoyland
Hmmmmm.....Reminds me of the Der Weinerschnitzel debates....
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Mar 17 2017, 06:29 AM) *

Hmmmmm.....Reminds me of the Der Weinerschnitzel debates....

Mmmmm Hot Dogs!!! rolleyes.gif
sechszylinder
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 15 2017, 08:49 PM) *

dry.gif

almost as nice as "RAUH-Welt BEGRIFF"

Br

Benno smilie_flagge6.gif
914forme
The more than likely they just put it into google translate and that is what it stromberg.gif out.
Marv's3.6six
Joe Bob: Don't shoot the messenger......source of my avatar.....and a bunny with a waffle on it's head.

Cool Video! Also cool to see Mike Z on the world. bye1.gif
JmuRiz
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 16 2017, 12:43 PM) *

confused24.gif

Maybe they meant it as DURR
IPB Image
SirAndy
QUOTE(ljubodraz @ Mar 17 2017, 04:59 AM) *
I think it's rather simple why "die" wasn't used from an English marketing perspective. Think about it. Would you want people unfamiliar with German to interpret it as "The death of fascination?" blink.gif

Cater to the ignorant, got it.
thumb3d.gif
malcolm2
https://youtu.be/59sx1PHAILw

this trailer is slightly enjoyable, still not fascinating tho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59sx1PHAILw
mbseto
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 16 2017, 04:43 PM) *

confused24.gif

The description that was posted said, "A film about the fascination of etc. etc." You could construct that sentence in German to put Faszination as the indirect object, which would make it "der Faszination".

They rely more on declensions to indicate case than English does, and you see stuff like that. Maybe it's a stretch, just giving them benefit of the doubt.
SirAndy
QUOTE(mbseto @ Mar 17 2017, 11:38 AM) *
The description that was posted said, "A film about the fascination of etc. etc." You could construct that sentence in German to put Faszination as the indirect object, which would make it "der Faszination".
They rely more on declensions to indicate case than English does, and you see stuff like that. Maybe it's a stretch, just giving them benefit of the doubt.

"A film about the fascination of etc. etc."

"Ein Film über die Faszination von etc. etc."

Still no "der" in there ...
shades.gif
JmuRiz
Another reason this forum is great, we have an actual German that can tell when people are just trying to appear German.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.