Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: G & R Swap Meet and birthday party , Sunday April 9, 2017
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bdstone914
I posted this in the Parts for sale forum and on Inland Empire Craigslist.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=306512

https://post.craigslist.org/k/hLo5nE0K5xG5P...wf6OY?s=preview

Please repost the craigslist version text posted below in different regions, Facebook Porsche sites or where ever it might get exposure to Porsche nuts, parts sellers.

Date: Sunday, April 9 2017, 6AM -Noon.

Location: 10000 Indiana Ave Unit #9, Riverside CA 92503. This is held in the surrounding parking lots to my shop.
Cost; Free to buyers/lookers. $20 fee per seller space. Plenty of room. Car trailer parking available. Come early if you have a big rig to get the best spaces.

As many of you know Ron Meier who hosted the G & R swap meets for many years passed away suddenly in August 2016. We are continuing the swap meets that he and Glenn started many years ago.

It attracts a good groups of 914 parts sellers and buyers, and many nice 914's and some early 911's too.

Each year we attract new 914 owners who have not heard about the swap meet. If you are a member Facebook or other Porsche forums please post it. Please post the relevant data from this post.

https://www.google.com/search?q=10000+india...-8&oe=utf-8

Located off of Indiana Ave between Tyler and Jackson.

My shop is in the second building back from Indiana facing away from the street. There are usually many red and yellow signs for the neighboring BBQ Island shop called Gillian's Island

I will request a $20 per seller donation. Free admission to non sellers.

Food: Probably going to only have coffee and treats in the AM. The taco guy was a
good but a big money loser for me. We might do something different.

We have about all car spaces available along the North- South wall. Porsche car parking will be between the first and second 10000 buildings. We like to keep them together. NO PARKING in front of the BBQ Islands shop. They are open on Sunday and need the spaces in front of their store open for their customers. Few other businesses are open on Sunday so parking should not be an issue. No parking in the non stripped parking spaces.

Pass the word to any Porsche owner you know. All model Porsche parts welcome. Bring what ever you have. Last time a seller brought some BMW parts that were a rare find for a friend of mine.

Sellers of T shirts and other car related merchandise welcome.

E Z Ups recommended. Refreshments provided for donation, local food available.

Children, dogs and women welcome.

If you do bring therm please watch them and clean up after them, especially the children and dogs.

Part disposal is available in dumpsters or donation to shop accepted in most cases.

I can be reached by cell at 951 536 seven for seven ate
Elliot Cannon
I'm giving this a bit of a bump because this event deserves to be on the front page. I has been a great swap meet over the years started by Glen and Ron (slits). This is also to say thanks to Bruce Stone who after I asked if he had any passenger side door handles (I thought mine was broken) sold me two of the little plastic slider bits that seem to break all the time. That is in fact what the problem was and I fixed it this afternoon. Thanks Bruce. biggrin.gif
914-300Hemi
This is a great event. I plan on going.
76-914
icon_bump.gif for a great event. Good parts, nice cars and wonderful folks.
Coondog
I will be there selling and am looking for front seats to reupholster for my 75
I have a xlint cond. 75 steering wheel for trade if needed.
pete000
Bummer, same day as the Long Beach Grand Prix...
MATCHBOX914
Looking forward to another great show! rock_band.gif jsharp.gif beer.gif
jim_hoyland
icon_bump.gif smile.gif
Elliot Cannon
You need to show up for this event. I'm sure there is some little thing you need or want for your car. Kent is excused however because his car probably won't start anyway. av-943.gif poke.gif smoke.gif
oldschool
I never seem to be ready for this.... sad.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(oldschool @ Mar 27 2017, 11:16 PM) *

I never seem to be ready for this.... sad.gif

WTF.gif You need to "stay ready" so you don't have to "get ready". laugh.gif
rgb91424
Is this event still on ?
Marv's3.6six
QUOTE(rgb91424 @ Apr 3 2017, 12:01 PM) *

Is this event still on ?

I plan on being there, with my teener. bye1.gif
proto31
I'll be there! I've been out of the 914 game for a while but am getting back in, hope to see a bunch you guys this Sunday! piratenanner.gif
MATCHBOX914
aktion035.gif rocking nana.gif clap.gif clap.gif dancinnanner.gif dancinnanner.gif
bdstone914
Bump.

weather is supposed to be cloudy in the 70's. looks like a perfect day. Bring you junk, car, kids dogs, wife fiend or who ever.
914_teener
icon_bump.gif

Bruce;

Are you still holding those HE.s for me?

PM me please or call if you can.

Rob
MATCHBOX914
icon_bump.gif mueba.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif aktion035.gif
ValcoOscar
Terrific event...awesome people...I'm bringing one of my 914's and some unique Porsche beerchug.gif items to sell....see ya early
abes914

Anyone selling a fiber glass front hood--driver quality?

icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif
mkinne
Aiming to be there.

Would be interested in a nice LE style front dam (fg), but not sure how I could haul it home.

-M
bdstone914
bump
banananose914
Bruce, I'm your boy and I am in! Let the deals begin!
SO.O.C914er
Who is driving their 914 from O.C. I'm driving mine and would like to roll out in a group if possible driving.gif
SO.O.C914er
Anyone driving their 914 out from O.C. Let me know I would like to see us roll out in a group if possible. Thanks Paul driving.gif
Steve
I'm in Laguna Niguel off of crown valley / avery
ndfrigi
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Apr 7 2017, 10:26 AM) *

Terrific event...awesome people...I'm bringing one of my 914's and some unique Porsche beerchug.gif items to sell....see ya early

sir, beautiful collection you have there!

Wish someday there is a G&R swap meet in a saturday.
ndfrigi
QUOTE(banananose914 @ Apr 7 2017, 05:55 PM) *

Bruce, I'm your boy and I am in! Let the deals begin!

Sir Jim, are you bringing your newly restored 914-6 orange?
914-300Hemi
icon_bump.gif
garrettlee2
I'm bringing a 75 2.0 motor $350 and a side sift trans $300 also doors and hood and truck so please bring your truck I don't want to take it home.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(garrettlee2 @ Apr 8 2017, 06:34 PM) *

I'm bringing a 75 2.0 motor $350 and a side sift trans $300 also doors and hood and truck so please bring your truck I don't want to take it home.

Looks like a great deal to me. biggrin.gif
SO.O.C914er
Steve I'm just above lake mission viejo could meet at Alicia and 5 fwy. Anyone else in? Paul 949-294-7651 send me a message
Steve
QUOTE(SO.O.C914er @ Apr 8 2017, 07:51 PM) *

Steve I'm just above lake mission viejo could meet at Alicia and 5 fwy. Anyone else in? Paul 949-294-7651 send me a message

What time? I think there is a del Taco there
MATCHBOX914
Is it time yet. piratenanner.gif av-943.gif
SO.O.C914er
Matchbox914 it is now time beer3.gif lol-2.gif
Blue6
Bruce, a bunch of us will roll in a 6....
Steve
Smaller turnout this time. Must of been a lot of other conflicting events. Still nice to see everyone and some really nice cars.
sb914
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
proto31
Thanks Bruce for hosting the swap meet, had a gr at time and got some good parts. The kids seemed to have fun too smile.gif
Beach914
Where's the pics ? Sorry I would have been there but I had to meet a guy that agreed to buy my 15x8 replicas for a real decent price. It was either the wheels guaranteed or take my chances with our teener gang and getting beat down on prices. I sold some stuff pretty cheap last one. Looking forward to the next one. I've still got stuff.
Blue6
QUOTE(sb914 @ Apr 9 2017, 12:01 PM) *

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

What happen in Riverside, stays in Riverside....Click to view attachment
lol-2.gif
forrestkhaag
Nice gathering but not quite the same without Larmo trolling the murky waters of the G & R..... whats up Larmo??

beerchug.gif
bdstone914
Thanks to all who came. Smaller crowd but always good to see most of the regular suspects.

So after almost everyone packed and left, Elliot ride to the swap meet on his bicycle after flying his Cessna from Paso Robles to the Riverside Airport.

We all go to a bunch and He gets a ride to the airport after by Ben to fly back.

Top that.

piratenanner.gif smilie_pokal.gif
Blue6
Additional pics. Some of the guys standing around. Don't know if you recognize anyone.Click to view attachment
banananose914
i"m the massive one second from the left. Don't mind my being bow legged. I have been assured that I will grow out of it. Thanks for the artists rendition. Pretty damn close. Mr. Bruce, thank you for keeping the tradition alive. Dave, go bump your nuts.
914_7T3
Do any of the sellers that attended this event have an OEM Hella passenger tail light available? I am looking for one in very good to excellent condition. Please PM if you do. I will also post in the Classifieds forum.

Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.