Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Identify couple of unconnected dash wires?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
oakdalecurtis
76 2.0 California car. I have a couple of disconnected wires behind the gauges. All dash lights except the cat dash light are working. A pair of unknown wire leads is taped together with spade connectors on the ends. One of this pair of wires is a red with white stripe coming from the tach. I know this is 12+. The other lead taped together with it is blue with yellow stripe. I'm guessing that these two wires are the cat dash light leads. There is no light in the cat light socket, nor a sensor on the catalytic converter either. The catalytic converter has no wires coming from it, no apparent sensor on it, and only a half inch plug in the lower side of it. I cannot find a blue with yellow stripe wire on the wiring diagrams, but I'm guessing these are the wire leads for the cat light. Anyone know?
IronHillRestorations
IIRC the CAT light is activated by a counter on the speedo cable. CAT cars have two speedo cables, one that goes to the counter box and from there to the gauge.
JeffBowlsby
Look again, at the last page:

http://bowlsby.net/914/WiringHarnesses/Har...ssis_1975-6.pdf

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.