Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Did I shoot myself in the foot?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
DrifterJay
here are the first few pics...more to follow later...with assessment of damage...
by the way...72 1.7 with 74,000 miles for 2,500. Cali car!!! lol

Jared wink.gif
DrifterJay
agag
DrifterJay
doh, my license plate...
Lawrence
Looks like a very nice car. Exactly what I'd love to get my hands on when I get more room.
DrifterJay
afaf
DrifterJay
the shade hids the 1,000,000 chips scratches and small dings...
DrifterJay
the car was rained on about 10 times with no tray...hence all the surface rust on the tin..
DrifterJay
wink.gif be back in a few hours w/ more when its cleaned up
Jared
Lawrence
Uhhh... why does it have an ECU AND carbs?
DrifterJay
the ecu is not connected, I hope...god help me...
Jared
Aaron Cox
bring it over someday, i have a whole shlew of parts you may need tongue.gif looks good wink.gif
tryan
you will either love her or hate her when you get done.
rhodyguy
whats with the 2 big hoses? the fuel lines def need some attention. you can make it look like this. plan, plan, plan. THEN attack.

kevin
Dman
You can get from here
Dman
To here

With a little paint, a lot of patience,a lot of work and a lot of beer.gif beer.gif
rhodyguy
i hate being so redundant. take that car in and have it PROFESSIONALY cleaned on the bottom before you do anything. save yourself a week or 2, you can thank me later. the rockers come off my car next week and it's going in.

kevin
rhodyguy
wow, good engine bay. you KNOW what's involved when you start with this stuff. thats an interesting sp wire run. where do those come from? remote cooler... 2270? the whole engine deal is sparking my interest. where is the throttle spring for the xbar arm?

kevin
SirAndy
QUOTE(Lawrence @ Jun 30 2003, 07:17 AM)
Uhhh... why does it have an ECU AND carbs?

it's one of those rare injected carbs setups.
they made only a few of those, in '72 i believe ... cool.gif

Andy
cgnj
where is the throttle spring for the xbar arm?
In my experience, they aren't required. When I have run Webers, I install the update kit and end up with a right and left carb. Dellortos comr right and left handed.

Carlos
Dman
I actually just fired my car last week and I hope not to use a spring, I don't like heavy pedal pressure.

I have a question conserning my linkage though. When I reinstalled I placed the crank on top and reversed the cranks on the carbs so they open when were pushed down. The geometry is better but I don't like the fact that the springs on the carbs have to support the wieght of the liknage.

Does any know the Best way to set this up?

That's my oil cooler just behind the top carb Kevin, There is a 900cfm fan that will pull air out of the ebay into the fender well.
Aaron Cox
springs are on the carbs....hex/x linkage just works against both carbs's springs splat.gif
rhodyguy
i couldn't figure out what else was removed. the lid springs. does the bat location prevent stowing the top? i wonder if you pass tech @ the ax up here without a positive return spring.

kevin
Aaron Cox
is that an oil cooler where the battery used to live?
Dman
Yes that is where the bat was, I had a lot of rust there.

The top fits no problem with the bat in the trunk, and yes the a-x inspectors did remark on my lack of a spring last year but they did not make me run one. tongue.gif
DrifterJay
OK GUYS PICTURES and VIDEO IN one hour (ISH) The car looks soooo different...in person...lol. Buffed and waxed for about two hours, and a friend gutted all the carpet and scrubed all the interior and rear trunk...starting the front, just got back from El Gordito...last carne asada burrito till I get back from basic training...I leave Wednesday!!! Starting the front trunk and gas tank...so so little rust. The worst was in the engine compartment around tray, and even that was not too bad...pics soon....
Jared wink.gif
rhodyguy
you made the right move @ 2500 samolians. enjoy til you go. if you wind up stationed @ ft lewis bring the car up.

kevin
DrifterJay
ok got a few...sorry, was to bright out for digital...they are somewhat dark...
Jared wink.gif
DrifterJay
dumb luck I guess..
DrifterJay
sfsfs
DrifterJay
adaa
DrifterJay
ada
DrifterJay
adada
DrifterJay
dadafa
DrifterJay
aghh
DrifterJay
jdjsjs
DrifterJay
qwerty
DrifterJay
asdf
DrifterJay
I am
DrifterJay
a sexy
DrifterJay
bitch
DrifterJay
Ok dying of the heat...I like to take pictures cant u tell? Adios
Jared wink.gif
seanery
looking good!

Be careful in basic!
rhodyguy
allllright. you showed us bikini shot's, let's see the cellulite. what's the paint code on the door jam plate? you can fix the fuel lines w/ about $15 worth of this hose, and some of these (just buy a doz save the trip). i would suggest you get it off the tin. use a real 914 filter. forget those little paper ones for beetles. you should be smiling. get off the computer and go for a drive. MDB2.gif

kevin
DrifterJay
ok does this sound right L047??? Nighthawk Black?? as for the fuel line..no time, its going in storage for six months tomorrow, when I get back, (will be stationed back in south cali) will have motor rebuilt professional and have them go through entire engine bay and all the electronics...has a stuck valve, piston #3 is not firing....
Jared
rhodyguy
need an oem jack?.

kevin
DrifterJay
yep, why what you have in mind?
Jared
Aaron Cox
dude.....look sweet. are you driving it? if so, bring it by my house. looks nice. we can go for a drive beerchug.gif
DrifterJay
I have been puting around my neighborhood and I took a quick jaunt on this fun little road behind my house..but thats it..No insurance on it yet...not till done with basic man. But when I get back, I will have the motor rebuilt during my vacation and we should meet up then. I dinno...
Jared wink.gif

(tired woke up at six this morning and spent a long ass time cleaning...)
SirAndy
wtf is that hose doing there on the right????
thats the hole for the timing light!

looks like it goes to the front charcoal canister,
if it's the intake-line, it should be connected to the fanshroud vent,
if it's the return, it should go to a carb ...

just remove the whole damm thing. you won't pass smog anyways ...

nice car cool.gif
Andy
rhodyguy
the hose prob spews the the vapor all over the bottom of the car/engine. poor guy buy's a car and ships out for the armed services in a week for 6 months. let's all wish him well.

kevin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.