Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blaupunkt Frankfurt wiring question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
So I'm going through my stash of radios and want to test them. I have this Blaupunkt radio and just want to verify where the ground goes. In the last two pictures the red arrow is +12V but is the tab on the last picture for ground or the spade next to the +12V in the 2nd to last picture. Or is it neither?

Oh and what size fuse is used? 2 amp? I found some radio sites online but nothing that tells me for sure what ground is and what size fuse.
GeorgeRud
Ground the radio onto the tab on the other side of the radio's back from where the power attaches (second picture). I think the small connector in the small hole may be there for activating a power antenna. Banana plugs will work for the speaker connections.

If you do get one powered up, please check that the small connector does in fact power on and off with the radio, and let everyone know.

Mike Fitton may have more info if needed.
914Sixer
Small round hole is for power antenna. Ground is black arrow in picture 4. Hot is red arrow 12V. 3 amp fuse is more than enough. Speaker should be 4 ohm.
GaroldShaffer
Great thanks guys. beerchug.gif
GeorgeRud
You can also remove the plastic plug in the back, obtain a DIN male plug end, and make a simple adapter to install a MP3 player input. The plastic plug connects the tuner section to the amplifier section of the radio.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.