Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This must have been thought of by someone!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
aveale
Okay,

This is not for the 914 purist but after I sent out another post, it got me a thinking..

Has anyone given more rigidity to the body by attaching the L and R Longs under the car?

Imagine the longs being reinforced with sheet metal (as mine has/will be) and then 2 cross members fore and aft of the passenger compartment UNDER THE CAR?

This will give L/R strength and make for some sure fire jacking points.

I would love peoples comments on this.........

T
John Kelly
I've reinforced a few cars that had no roof structure, and have always thought it important to do bracing in the door opening if possible. This is the area that needs it most. Stiffening the door opening can be done more effectively with less added weight than anything down low. Reinforcing the longs side to side will help some I guess....just not much in the verticle plane. Cross bracing might more effective than bars straight across. A roll cage is your best bet for stiffness and safety. I'm not an engineer though....

John www.ghiaspecialties.com
neo914-6
There are outer longitudinal reinforcement panels available, try a search. There are inner panel reinforcement also available in the resources section.
All alternatives to cage reinforcement...
URY914
Left to Right is not really the problem with these cars.

It is back to front.

I be a engineer. blink.gif screwy.gif

Paul
Jeroen
I agree with Paul
No matter what you do, a "ladder frame" will not be very rigid

If you want to add some rigidity to your car, get an "Engman" kit (check the "parts&resources" forum and/or do a search)

Beyond that, you're looking at a full cage...
aveale
cool,

i will check those spots out.

T

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.