Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reasons you shouldn't own a 911
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
911 bitch thread

The "R Gruppe" is a bunch of pre 73 911 owners. Most of the time they are ....OK...but on occasion they get their panties bunched up.....funny and sad thread on a screwed up photo op .....

Read and go....oh geeeez....
URY914
I saw that one too.
Poor guys, thier photo op got messed up.

Someone check his pants for a weiner.

P
tat2dphreak
I think they really miss the boat... they are so worried about one- non-porsche in the pic, they don't realize it's an awesome photo and has all the PEOPLE in the pic... the group is the most important part... without people, the cars can't get to the place...

aww, did yew poor wittle photo op get messed up, aww, poor ting... flipa.gif

to even mention it is in poor taste...
djm914-6
I read both the Pelican thread and early S thread yesterday (no wonder I didn't get much done at work). Make me ashamed to own any model Porsche. What a bunch a dweebs! Did anyone notice the 4 spaces at the end of the line with only two non-duck tailed 911s. All they needed to do was move 1 or 2 of the cars and they'd have them all in a row.

When people around here or at church mention that I own a Porsche, I usually correct them and tell them I own a 914, a NARP.
TROJANMAN
i thought this was the reason not to buy a 911:

"btw, MikeZ will tell you that buying a 911 will make your winky smaller..."
Joe Bob
That's right....all done with it anyways....the wife can just nail it up on the fireplace mantle along with the wedding china that never gets used....
Mueller
typical 911 bashing.......

evidently you guys forgot or didn't hear a few people complaining at the WCC about non-914's or non-P-cars being parked in the parking area at the main hotel....

or that the GT2 was asked to be moved 'cause it would ruin the 914 group shot......what makes us 914 owners any different here???

tdgray
QUOTE (Mueller @ May 5 2005, 11:23 AM)

Yea..... and your point is biggrin.gif
Joe Bob
Nobody bitched to me about my 911...of course I didn't participate in the group shot....and most people know how testy I can get....
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (Mueller @ May 5 2005, 10:23 AM)

evidently you guys forgot or didn't hear a few people complaining at the WCC about non-914's or non-P-cars being parked in the parking area at the main hotel....

or that the GT2 was asked to be moved 'cause it would ruin the 914 group shot......what makes us 914 owners any different here???

no I didn't hear it, but would feel the same way as I do now... it's wrong to snub your nose at someone else, esp. for something like the kind of car they are driving...

the pic is still cool, and the people in the pic don't seem to be noticing... or caring...

would the pic have been better with a 911 in the place of the wagon? maybe, maginally though... I still think the pic is cool... I wouldn't have noticed the wagon, or even skipped right over it at first look... if I hadn't been looking for it... it by no means ruined the pic.

I think *most* of the people on the board has as much respect for cousins of the 914... beetle, or 911, or Audi as they do their own cars, but maybe that's just me...

boxstr
After reading all of the posts for the black audi wagon, I was thinking to myself that " I am sure glad the 914 owners aren't that way. But from reading the last post by Herr Mueller I wonder???
CCLINPARKINGLOTPHOTOOP
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (boxstr @ May 5 2005, 11:05 AM)
After reading all of the posts for the black audi wagon, I was thinking to myself that " I am sure glad the 914 owners aren't that way. But from reading the last post by Herr Mueller I wonder???
CCLINPARKINGLOTPHOTOOP

agree.gif

sad really.
Korijo
nice Audi wagon! A6 or A8?
redshift
lol... I wish there was dog crap all over their feet.

smile.gif

M
Series9
QUOTE ("Z" @ May 5 2005, 08:37 AM)
Nobody bitched to me about my 911..

I complained to Howard repeatedly, but he wouldn't do shit. Something about you being his bitch and special treatment blah, blah, blah.... cool.gif

Get your hat?
Joe Bob
Yeah the wife said something real stinky, funky and sweaty showed up in this morning's mail...must be it.
markb
QUOTE ("Z" @ May 5 2005, 07:37 AM)
Nobody bitched to me about my 911...of course I didn't participate in the group shot....and most people know how testy I can get....

Not to mention the fact that you go around armed..... dry.gif
sixnotfour
Z your Cab kinda has that Rgruppe look with the ducktail. and rs front, And youre looking for early front fenders , is that to complete the transfermation. blink.gif

Just kidding, what are you gonna do with the early 911 fenders ? confused24.gif

My 72 911 is trim delete, 1 piece rear bumper, no flairs, no Ducktail though. beerchug.gif
Oh yah no motor no interior, has carrera sus. New paint ,silver spank.gif

That Rgruppe thing is pretty picky and if you are a member you should know better than to park with em in an audi. headbang.gif
Joe Bob
I like the look of the early 911 long hoods and RS 911. But I don't like the anemic trans and engines, nor can I afford a REAL RS.....so the best alternative is to back date an SC....

As to the R Gruppe...it's invite only and I'm a little too screwy for them...as if I would even wanna be in that group. The bunny ears clash with the Q tips and Toothbrushes...
neo914-6
I know Cris and his comments were very understandable. I'm sure it wasn't planned to ask Jason to move his car three times at the Ranch only to end up where he originally parked. It would have been a nice photo to have a full line of 914's at the Hotel but no one stepped up to make it happen. Cris takes pride that his members are commited to the model. They don't relate with the high roller Porsche owners, and many of them get their hands dirty. RGruppe was meant to be "Our Group" for early 911 enthusiasts. If 914club ever become a "real" organization, we may want to learn from them. Personally I don't mind our "virtual" club characteristics.

RGruppe "pledge"... rolleyes.gif
Brett W
If your main goal at such a get together is to take a group shot in a hotel parking lot, you suck. These cars were meant to driven on twisty roads or the race track. Come up with a little more creativity.

The Audi is probably faster than the 911s anyways. I also see some other non P-cars in teh far left back ground. Better get pissed at them. There are also some non ducktail cars there as well.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (Korijo @ May 5 2005, 08:08 AM)
nice Audi wagon! A6 or A8?

There are no A8 wagons, so it's gotta be an A4 or A6. Too big for an A4, by the looks of it, and too new to be an S6. Lucky for them it's not an RS2, a Porsche massaged B3 chassis based AWD 315 HP (out of the box) 20v turbo wagon that would eat most of those clonecars for lunch on a dry day, much less a wet track. The Cap'n
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (Neo914 @ May 5 2005, 10:24 AM)
I know Cris and his comments were very understandable. I'm sure it wasn't planned to ask Jason to move his car three times at the Ranch only to end up where he originally parked. It would have been a nice photo to have a full line of 914's at the Hotel but no one stepped up to make it happen. Cris takes pride that his members are commited to the model. They don't relate with the high roller Porsche owners, and many of them get their hands dirty. RGruppe was meant to be "Our Group" for early 911 enthusiasts. If 914club ever become a "real" organization, we may want to learn from them. Personally I don't mind our "virtual" club characteristics.

I went to their first event a few years back. Drove Lyn's Audi Coupe GT. Nice folks, at least most of the ones we met. Gotten a bit deep into cloning real RS cars, and to semi cloning them. Hey, looks are everything, right? Whatever floats your boat, I guess. Even then, many of the people there were teetering on the edge of becoming CF weenies. I couldn't afford to keep up with that crowd, so I just stopped trying ........ On the other hand, the bucks went to raising my kids, and they both turned out just fine ............ The Cap'n
meares
"That's right....all done with it anyways....the wife can just nail it up on the fireplace mantle along with the wedding china that never gets used...."

Z that's one of the funniest things i've heard in a while! beerchug.gif
neo914-6
QUOTE (Brett W @ May 5 2005, 11:03 AM)
If your main goal at such a get together is to take a group shot in a hotel parking lot, you suck.  These cars were meant to driven on twisty roads or the race track.  Come up with a  little more creativity.  

The Audi is probably faster than the 911s anyways.  I also see some other non P-cars in teh far left back ground.  Better get pissed at them.  There are also some non ducktail cars there as well.

NO ONE said a photo op was a main goal, did you talk to these folks? Why don't you know they have twisty runs? You sound like you know alot about these cars...

NO ONE said it was a performance match between the two models...
anthony
Every Porsche person I've met in real life so far was pretty cool. I haven't met a 914 owner yet that didn't appreciate the beauty of a 911 or any other fantastic sports car. I've shown up in 911 to some 914 events and it was very well received. Almost everybody acknowledged what a nice car it is.

Sure, people take pot shots while on BBS because it's easy to do. I actually enjoy the wine and cheese jokes and the NARP jokes because I own both, enjoy both, and can see the strengths and weaknesses of both.

I think rgruppe itself gets some people's panties in a twist because they are an exclusive, invitation only club. That, of course, rubs some people the wrong way but whatever. I don't have an early 911 hot rod and probably never will so I don't feel left out.
Brent
Why I shouldn't own a 911...I would get some atrophy in my hand from keeping my pinky up so long. blink.gif
neo914-6
QUOTE (Cap'n Krusty @ May 5 2005, 11:27 AM)
QUOTE (Neo914 @ May 5 2005, 10:24 AM)
I know Cris and his comments were very understandable.  I'm sure it wasn't planned to ask Jason to move his car three times at the Ranch only to end up where he originally parked.  It would have been a nice photo to have a full line of 914's at the Hotel but no one stepped up to make it happen.  Cris takes pride that his members are commited to the model.  They don't relate with the high roller Porsche owners, and many of them get their hands dirty.  RGruppe was meant to be "Our Group" for early 911 enthusiasts.  If 914club ever become a "real" organization, we may want to learn from them.  Personally I don't mind our "virtual" club characteristics.  

I went to their first event a few years back. Drove Lyn's Audi Coupe GT. Nice folks, at least most of the ones we met. Gotten a bit deep into cloning real RS cars, and to semi cloning them. Hey, looks are everything, right? Whatever floats your boat, I guess. Even then, many of the people there were teetering on the edge of becoming CF weenies. I couldn't afford to keep up with that crowd, so I just stopped trying ........ On the other hand, the bucks went to raising my kids, and they both turned out just fine ............ The Cap'n

There is no choice between cars and family. Family always wins with me. wink.gif

Cris has a family and he's allowing others to do some of the planning now.

Joe Bob
C'mon Sammy unbunch the panties....I just posted this to show that other models have flame wars over a trivial bit of nothing just like we do cool_shades.gif .....
Carlitos Way
And the Number 1 reason NOT to own a 911... Z man already has one... and who wants to be like him???

screwy.gif screwy.gif screwy.gif
Racing916
It would be sweet if in that picture it wasn't an Audi but instead a VW, oops.. I mean a 914.
TimT
I own a 914 and 911, and have a down payment securing a 356SC currently.

Im really not sure what I think about rgruppes Audi misadventure, actually I do know what I think.. I dont really give a rats ass about them

much ado about nothing...

want to have a really funny read with t some anal-retentive type, go find the billet valve cover thread on pelican...talk about being myopic

heheh I may just now go and post to the type4 EFI thread...

Ive replaced fuel injection, with fuel injection, on the same engine.... one injection system cant supply enough fuel to get over say 475HP, with just the installation of a differnet injection system we can get almot 600hp

way cool

neo914-6
QUOTE (Racing916 @ May 5 2005, 06:02 PM)
It would be sweet if in that picture it wasn't an Audi but instead a VW, oops.. I mean a 914.

There may be one in the future.... rolleyes.gif

A friend of mine in LA is an RGruppe member with a '73 911S and two 914-6's. He is totally into period condition, no CF, big wheels, etc...

Dam, I missed an op to get an S:

1973 911S CAR IS SOLD, BUYER DROVE IT HOME. - $3500 (gilroy, south county)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: anon-70453995@craigslist.org
Date: 2005-04-27, 8:51AM PDT

selling my dad's car, not sure what's it's worth, he bought it new, only put 43,192 miles on it. it has some special seats in it that came with it when he ordered it, he called them sports recarols. i'm not into cars and i'm out of state so that's all i remember. the car has been sitting in my mother's garage since dad passed in 1984. it's real dusty even though it was covered. we put mom in a home so we need to sell the car to empty the house. the car is real nice and the paint is still glossy black and the interior still smells like leather, but since it's an old car we didn't know what to ask for it. make offer, you will need a tow truck since the tires are old.
Brando
Rgruppe? Never heard of them... what a first intro to the first reich of 911 enthusiasts eh?
markb
QUOTE (Neo914 @ May 5 2005, 06:35 PM)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

selling my dad's car, not sure what's it's worth, he bought it new, only put 43,192 miles on it. it has some special seats in it that came with it when he ordered it, he called them sports recarols. i'm not into cars and i'm out of state so that's all i remember. the car has been sitting in my mother's garage since dad passed in 1984. it's real dusty even though it was covered. we put mom in a home so we need to sell the car to empty the house. the car is real nice and the paint is still glossy black and the interior still smells like leather, but since it's an old car we didn't know what to ask for it. make offer, you will need a tow truck since the tires are old.

Makes me wanna cry.....
MattR
QUOTE (markb @ May 5 2005, 11:14 PM)

Makes me wanna cry.....

that would make a GREAT prank. Post that on classic car forums all over the place with the target's phone number. For months they'll be getting calls "is the car still for sale?"
sixnotfour
QUOTE (markb @ May 5 2005, 11:14 PM)

Makes me wanna cry.....  

It is a hoax , gaurenteed a MFI car sitting dusty for 20 years aint gonna start and drive home.
my Dads 914-6 sat covered dryin a garage for 12 years, after he died , brakes shot and gas tank ,carbs,Bad
6 Shooter
Hello,
I haven't been here for a while, hope that you don't mind me posting...

I wasn't at this last RGruppe gathering but I've been to several of these once-a-year gatherings.
FWIW, some of the RGruppe guys have 914s... either -6 conversions or factory 6s. I've seen a rally-look 6 and a 6 conversion that regularly show up and a really nice black factory 6 with Mahle gas-burners.

I met alot of really nice people from the RGruppe. They share a passion for early cars that have a tendency to rust (sound familiar?)... some are stock, some have some trick sport/rally/Race options. Q-tips and concours have never been a priority. They get to drive, talk cars, and eat with friends. I know Cris and think that he's one of the most down-to-earth guys that's passionate about early cars (911 R look).

Their event isn't based on a parking lot pic... they've been three day gatherings with rallys/tours and the races @ Laguna Seca. The pic that they were trying to get was one, tail light height, down the row of duck tail cars. I think that it started with one pic a few years ago that showed several RS ducktails in a row. It was a cool pic that became an annual thing.

neo914-6
Mike,

How's "my" 914-6 coming along? laugh.gif
Maltese Falcon
... R Guys careful what you say bout Audis, Ferdinand Piech lurks these boards too ohmy.gif
Joe Bob
QUOTE (Neo914 @ May 9 2005, 04:11 PM)
Mike,

How's "my" 914-6 coming along? laugh.gif

Send money...it's yours.....fixed the oil leak....now gotta track down the electrical short in the tach and it's ready.....
jd74914
I find this funny. The Audi 5000 they photoshopped in belongs to one of my really good friends Sam. And that car has so much done to it it probably is faster than 95% of the 911s there biggrin.gif

Note: I do love 911s. My dad's '71E is a really fun car.

user posted image
neo914-6
QUOTE ("Z" @ May 9 2005, 05:12 PM)
QUOTE (Neo914 @ May 9 2005, 04:11 PM)
Mike,

How's "my" 914-6 coming along?  :lol:

Send money...it's yours.....fixed the oil leak....now gotta track down the electrical short in the tach and it's ready.....

Z,

I meant 6-shooter Mike. He's got two stored 6's and couldn't get one of them running for me so I could drive one at the WCC laugh.gif ...and after all my bantering for weeks prior, can you believe it? confused24.gif

He's a 911S RGrupper, now a 914clubber, 30's/40's rodder, just to name a few...

anthony
Another Rgruppe photoshoot messed up by an Audi.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread....threadid=220702

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.