Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Factory Tint Questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TM_Corey
My 74 2.0 has the factory tint option on the window sticker, but I'm going to end up using early doors during my rebuild instead of my original 1974 doors.

Did early cars have the same factory tint option? Also, the tint option was for all the glass right, not just the windscreen?
GaroldShaffer
As far as I know the factory tint was the same. All non tint glass will have DELODUR-1 on them. Tinted glass has DELODUR-F

Non tint label

Chris914n6
I have yet to see tinted rear glass.
TM_Corey
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Mar 18 2017, 03:37 PM) *

So the factory tint option was side big and small window and windscreen?

Was the tint an option through all years?
rgalla9146
QUOTE(TM_Corey @ Mar 18 2017, 06:04 PM) *

QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Mar 18 2017, 03:37 PM) *

So the factory tint option was side big and small window and windscreen?

Was the tint an option through all years?

Yes.
lonewolfe
I second that the rear glass is clear on all 914's. I've looked pretty hard to find a tinted rear window and I don't believe they were produced.
mepstein
QUOTE(lonewolfe @ Mar 18 2017, 09:10 PM) *

I second that the rear glass is clear on all 914's. I've looked pretty hard to find a tinted rear window and I don't believe they were produced.

914rubber sells them now.
Mikey914
Rears were all clear. We did make them in tempered glass in clear (as well as acrylic), and in a light smoke and dark. Here's some pics of the dark

Still need to add to the site, but there is a thread I started here somewhere.
TM_Corey
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Mar 18 2017, 08:08 PM) *

Rears were all clear. We did make them in tempered glass in clear (as well as acrylic), and in a light smoke and dark. Here's some pics of the dark

Still need to add to the site, but there is a thread I started here somewhere.

Those look great Mark! If it weren't for not having to remove my original glass I would have gone with those. Ohh well you got plenty of my money anyway. (order #4 went out yesterday). biggrin.gif

Thanks to everyone else also. Just want to make sure it looks right since I'm using the early doors instead of my original ones.
mgphoto
FYI the parts book does not list a tinted rear window.
914.545.023.10 rear window glass, clear
914.545.025.10 rear window glass, clear, heated M option
No listing for the M option "insulating glass" as with the door and windshield.
Mike
rcarson25
My glass says DELODUR-F1? Car is on jack stands in garage and it is hard to tell. I assume that they are tinted?
JawjaPorsche
My 73 Teener came with tinted glass: $54 option.
rcarson25
Sorry meant to type delodur-1F not F1 haha
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.