Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1974 914 3.2L 6 cylinder
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Cal
This looks like an interesting build by Patrick Motorsports in a great color...Delphi Green....$60K.

http://www.parkhaus1.com/detail-1974-porsc...d-16096818.html
MikeInMunich
drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif
mepstein
A/C & heat with a 3.2 drooley.gif
flat4guy
I like it..... smile.gif
Montreal914
Very nice car
GLWTS
Don't get me wrong, I like my 914 for what it is, an affordable Porsche. At 60k$, there are very nice other Porsche options...
Michel
Tasty ... Though if bought and brought to Oz your then closer to 90k

By comparison you got it lucky .. But we still got better health care biggrin.gif
Cairo94507
That's a very nice six conversion. PMS does great work. That car has AC... w00t.gif
I hope someone who is a member here buys that car. I would love AC in my Six. (My age is showing.)
Mueller
Nice looking car. Couldn't they find a real person to do the audio for the video on the ad?
HaraPuzo
quick question. so 60K is a lot of money, but that's a lot of car too. and well built. if Patrick Motorsports weren't the builders, and it was an independent garage build or something, would it still be worth the asking price? what do you guys think the actual price could/should be on this car? really curious. Thanks smile.gif
767driver
Pretty car....would look better with a rear valance on it...
JmuRiz
QUOTE(767driver @ Mar 27 2017, 02:35 PM) *

Pretty car....would look better with a rear valance on it...

agree.gif
But what is that front valence? It doesn't look familiar to me.

I'd love to see a picture of the front trunk to see how it's all plumbed (oil cooler and A/C system).
Coondog
QUOTE(HaraPuzo @ Mar 27 2017, 02:53 PM) *

quick question. so 60K is a lot of money, but that's a lot of car too. and well built. if Patrick Motorsports weren't the builders, and it was an independent garage build or something, would it still be worth the asking price? what do you guys think the actual price could/should be on this car? really curious. Thanks smile.gif

Well my car is currently at PMS for a 3.2 install and I will say that you get what you pay for and while 60k is a lot of money, the seller more then likely has close to 100k in it.
HaraPuzo
QUOTE(Coondog @ Mar 29 2017, 12:01 AM) *

QUOTE(HaraPuzo @ Mar 27 2017, 02:53 PM) *

Well my car is currently at PMS for a 3.2 install and I will say that you get what you pay for and while 60k is a lot of money, the seller more then likely has close to 100k in it.

thanks for the answer!
makes sense.
good luck with your 3.2, put up some videos when its done.
Michel
[/quote]
agree.gif

[/quote]

I like the front valance also. Anyone know where it's from?
sixnotfour
sure looks like Smokey's old 914...
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...c=73199&hl=
My 914
Wow, it sure does, I'm impressed!
JmuRiz
Good hunting/memory...so spending $10k on the 3.2 conversion from Patrick makes it their build?

Unless it went back to them for additional work, but I don't see it on their site as one of their full builds...probably since we now know it was smokey build

....still a really nice car and I hope it sells for close to that $60k. Would make me fell better about spending stupid money on my conversion biggrin.gif
HaraPuzo
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Mar 31 2017, 01:38 PM) *

Good hunting/memory...so spending $10k on the 3.2 conversion from Patrick makes it their build?

Unless it went back to them for additional work, but I don't see it on their site as one of their full builds...probably since we now know it was smokey build

....still a really nice car and I hope it sells for close to that $60k. Would make me fell better about spending stupid money on my conversion biggrin.gif

yeah, pretty cool to see "smokey's" build thread.
but it does seem like a fair statement ,JmuRiz, that the majority of the build was done by the owner himself, and 10 K spent at PMS. I also looked at their website and didn't seem to find a build page for this car. Maybe its not updated, or maybe calling it a PMS build isn't totally fair either and is a selling tool to fetch a higher price?
either way, that car is wicked!
sixnotfour
FYI Smokey has a new 914-6 project being built By PMS, he posted a few pics here and there.
Coondog
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Mar 31 2017, 11:38 AM) *

10K doesn't even get you in the front door at PMS for a 3.2 conversion.....
raynekat
QUOTE(Coondog @ Apr 2 2017, 04:39 PM) *

10K doesn't even get you in the front door at PMS for a 3.2 conversion.....

I definitely agree with this....
ChicagoPete
I love everything about this car.

Buy it, immediately take it to the body shop and have flares put on it, spray to match and put 7 and 8x15's on it and drive the piss out of it!
JmuRiz
QUOTE(Michel @ Mar 30 2017, 05:59 AM) *

QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Mar 28 2017, 05:19 AM) *

agree.gif

I like the front valance also. Anyone know where it's from?

Anyone ever figure out what kind of valance that is?

I'd love to get one of the Kremer FSH front valance, but they show as not shipping to the USA.

BTW: Thin is in...keep the skinny fenders biggrin.gif I'm keeping my fenders skinny, even with an approx 220hp going in it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.