Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mystery wiring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
srreality
While troubleshooting my inoperative wiper system, I found this little wired button laying up inside my dash. I can't see where the wiring for it starts, but it's somewhere around the steering column/instrument cluster. What is it?
Click to view attachment
IronHillRestorations
It's not stock, so you'll have to trace the wires to see where they go. Without any more info it's anyone's guess
srreality
QUOTE(Perry Kiehl @ Mar 19 2017, 01:52 PM) *

It's not stock, so you'll have to trace the wires to see where they go. Without any more info it's anyone's guess

Would that be something used for a trunk latch opener? This car came with a Porsche reflector for the blank space between the tail lights and what appears to be a electric latch solenoid...........but neither was mounted. The car came to me in boxes, so it's been an adventure putting it back together!

Click to view attachment
7TPorsh
I have no clue but surprised I haven't seen the "it's the ejector seat" comments or "muffler cutout switch".

Does it have voltage? Whn you press what happens? Stand back

Trace the wire that gets power when the switch is pressed.
anderssj
It looks a lot like the "5" (5th gear/electric OD) button from an old Volvo 240.

Click to view attachment

Could mean you have an old Volvo M46 trans in your car . . . . smile.gif

FWIW, it's usually a "momentary" switch, so could be used for the trunk latch as described above.
bandjoey
Electric windshield washer pump
srreality
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Mar 19 2017, 05:03 PM) *

Electric windshield washer pump

The funny thing is, there's a brand new, unused GM windshield washer pump (still in the box) in one of the boxes of parts that came with the car.........but no sign of one having been installed...........besides being GM..........just one of the multitude of odd things that came with the project.
anderssj
QUOTE(srreality @ Mar 19 2017, 03:41 PM) *

By the way, NICE carpet as shown in the picture you posted! Any info (source, color, type, German or domestic, etc.) would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Steve A-
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.