Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Having trouble finding a
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brando
Can't seem to find anyone who makes one. I plan to change over to different calipers and I'd like to replace the stock proportioning valve with a T fitting. Tried all the usual suspects and no luck. Not even the local 914/VW stores have anything. Where should I look?

Thanks smile.gif
914GT
I bought a Tee from Chirco, a local VW supply store.
SirAndy
QUOTE (Brando @ May 5 2005, 11:28 AM)
Where should I look?

got mine from the local bug/vw shop in novato ...

wink.gif Andy
Ray Warren
QUOTE (Brando @ May 5 2005, 02:28 PM)
Can't seem to find anyone who makes one. I plan to change over to different calipers and I'd like to replace the stock proportioning valve with a T fitting. Tried all the usual suspects and no luck. Not even the local 914/VW stores have anything. Where should I look?

Thanks smile.gif

This is the one I used.
Worked well.
"T" FITTING
gklinger
CB Peformance:
Metric Brake Line "T"

Factory replacement Brake Line 'T'. Fits rear brake line on VW Sedans, Squarebacks, and Buses. The Metric 'T' is tapped to accept 9.3mm threaded fittings and 4.7mm OD steel brake line with bubble flared ends.

Part# Description Price
3985 Metric Brake Line T $9.95
smg914
The last one I bought was from a VW Speed/Dune Buggie Shop. Paid $7.00 for it. As a last resort, you can order one from your local Porsche dealer. I believe early 911's used the "T".
tat2dphreak
any VW shop should have it... I don't believe the bugs or bus' have a prop valve... just the "T"
Aaron Cox
buy 2 buddy - one fo meee
http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?Pr...803%2D611%2D755
Leo Imperial
QUOTE (SirAndy @ May 5 2005, 11:34 AM)
QUOTE (Brando @ May 5 2005, 11:28 AM)
Where should I look?

got mine from the local bug/vw shop in novato ...

wink.gif Andy

I was there yestarday. I think it's the same place. Viking Autoparts in Novato. The guy who runs the place is Bryan. The number is 415-892-6992. I will be going there some time next week to pick up a few things and could pick it up and send it to you.

Leo
mattillac
what do you need the T for. adjustable prop. valve?
JWest
How about supporting a 914 club vendor? biggrin.gif

JWest Brake Products

You'll have it in 3 days after ordering.

Mueller
one our own club members sells them:

J West Engineering

what do you need the T for. adjustable prop. valve?

when upgrading the brakes to new/larger calipers, sometimes the brake bias works fine without a prop. valve

leave yours in.............
Brando
Aaron & Jwest... Done and done smile.gif

Rather support a club member than some other VW shop...
JWest
QUOTE (Brando @ May 6 2005, 01:28 AM)
Aaron & Jwest... Done and done smile.gif

Rather support a club member than some other VW shop...

Thanks! They go out today - look in your mailbox on Monday or Tuesday.
CptTripps
QUOTE (914GT @ May 5 2005, 02:32 PM)

This is the wrong one...

I called and ordered that part number, and he said that that one has the wrong flare. I'll get the part number, but the one with the bubble-flare is $16.50. I'll have one tomorrow... wink.gif
RON S.
I found out that all the 60-70's Beetles have that same fitting in the rear,up behind the driver's side wheel well.

Carry your wrenches,and go junkyarding.With a little luck,a salvage yard owner will laugh and just let you have it for the effort you spent to take it off. biggrin.gif

Ron
JWest
QUOTE (CptTripps @ May 6 2005, 07:53 AM)
I'll get the part number, but the one with the bubble-flare is $16.50. I'll have one tomorrow... wink.gif

You could have had one from me for $9.95 and only $3.85 shipping.
914GT
QUOTE (CptTripps @ May 6 2005, 05:53 AM)
QUOTE (914GT @ May 5 2005, 02:32 PM)

This is the wrong one...

I called and ordered that part number, and he said that that one has the wrong flare. I'll get the part number, but the one with the bubble-flare is $16.50. I'll have one tomorrow... wink.gif

I thought that price seemed a little low. But it's been two years ago and the memory is failing.
CptTripps
QUOTE (James Adams @ May 6 2005, 08:09 AM)
QUOTE (CptTripps @ May 6 2005, 07:53 AM)
I'll get the part number, but the one with the bubble-flare is $16.50. I'll have one tomorrow... wink.gif

You could have had one from me for $9.95 and only $3.85 shipping.

I bought it after the first post. You hadn't chimed in yet!

Next time. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.