Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dash troubles
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MoveQik
So I have a deal all squared away with Dr Evil to get my upper and lower dash recovered....now all I have to do is remove them. Lower dash, no problem. Upper dash, maybe a problem.

I have removed four plastic nuts on the backside of the upper dash. Are there more? If so, where? Does the guage cluster and the dash section below the windshield need to come out in order to remove the top dash? I thought I would ask before I went and got a bigger screwdriver. headbang.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (MW 914 @ May 5 2005, 11:32 AM)
Are there more? If so, where?

yes, there are more ...

you'll need to take out the gauges to get to the one on the far left.
2 more behind the gauge cluster towards the front.
3 on the mid section, 1 going horizontal towards the dash face.
there's also one on the far right, kinda between the glove box and the A-pilar, it's actually much easier to get to if the glove box is removed ....

wink.gif Andy
tat2dphreak
there was a thread, I thought it was a "classic", but I can't find it.... it showed in detail where they all were... I can post a pic to show you if you like, I have my dash off now...
MoveQik
If you have a pic handy, that would be great. Thanks.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (MW 914 @ May 5 2005, 12:58 PM)
If you have a pic handy, that would be great. Thanks.

do a search...
i had a thread asking the same thing.
someone posted a pic....
MoveQik
I tried a search but no luck. Possibly user error!
MoveQik
Am I missing something? I think I have all the nuts located and removed. However, I can't get it to break loose around the big section behind the gauge cluster. The part nearest the defrost vent won't budge. Is there anything back there holding it in place?
restore2seater
If you look at Gint's "rust" oration thread look for Jan. 25, 26 2004. He has some pictures from the backside of his dash when it was removed.
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (MW 914 @ May 5 2005, 03:26 PM)
Am I missing something? I think I have all the nuts located and removed. However, I can't get it to break loose around the big section behind the gauge cluster. The part nearest the defrost vent won't budge. Is there anything back there holding it in place?

there are the 2 andy mentioned at the back of the cluster... it's a PITA to get those...
tracks914
There is a total of 9 of them. If you don't take off 9 nuts then you will damage your dash.
I can post a picture of a dash in about ten minutes.
tracks914
Picture 1
tracks914
MoveQik
Ahhh...now that helps. Thanks a million.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.