Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 20 Project Cars & Stockpile of Parts (Once in a Lifetime 914 Only Estate Sale in So Cal!)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Pages: 1, 2
SchantzMD
So I've finally come to the realization that I need to clear out my massive hoard. Every time I go behind my shop I end up looking around for a while and then walk away looking like blink.gif . Also, due to my job and a new baby I've decided that I'll never have the time to spend cleaning, advertising, and showing the massive amount of items that I've collected, so I've decided that I'm going to have a one day Estate Auction Type sale instead in the hopes of moving most if not all of it.

I'm thinking about setting the date of the sale for late May to late July 2017 and what I'd like to do is get some feedback from everyone over the next few weeks to see what dates would be convenient for you. Also, for those of you that can't attend I may add an online proxy-type bid, but that will depend on the feedback I receive.

Please reply to this post with a date when you could attend an estate sale (May, June, or July) along with if you can attend in person or only via an online sale. Also please note if you'd be interested in a car, parts, or both. Please plan on the sale to be located in the Inland Empire area of Southern California with an open house style viewing the weekend before the sale and 3-4 hours before the actual day of the sale.

Sale Items:

20 Cars in total (Rollers from $400-$1500, Shells from $50-$100)

15 Rollers & 5 Shells (All 1970-76 914-4 models including):

- LE Creamsicle
- Flared cars
- 5 Lug cars
- EV car (Electric Conversion with electric motor & trans)
- Sepia brown paint code car

Parts:

This list and the qty's will need to be finalized but will most likely contain the below plus some extras:

- F & R Bumpers (about 30+ chrome & painted from 1970-74 cars)
- Bumper rubber tops
- Heat exchangers (1.7 & 2.0, about 20 sets)
- 911 and 914-6 front suspensions (front struts, rotors, calipers ASM)
- Rear struts/suspensions arms
- Mufflers (factory & aftermarket)
- Valances (F & R)
- Rocker Panels
- Center consoles
- Engine lids
- Interior parts (Back pads, speaker enclosures, door pulls, etc)
- Glass (including rear window defrosters)
- Transmissions
- Engines (TBD)
- A/C systems
- Doors
- Gas tanks
- Wheels
- Engine lids
- Pedal ASMs
- Luggage rack

Please note that I will be watching this post and will update it with more photos and details as I have time (although limited evilgrin.gif ). Also please don't contact me with requests to view or purchase anything before the sale. I want to keep this fair for everyone and don't want to have anyone feel that they've missed out on something due to preferential treatment.

Thanks,
Mike
ndfrigi
wow! i may come to this sale.
Beach914
WOW ! What a collection.

And I get accused of hoarding to many parts and cars.....

I bow to your fortitude and storage space! I am definitely not worthy to be in your company.

I will definitely plan to attend in person. The May, June time frame works for me as I don't have any travel plans and weekends are available for me.

Thanks for making this available to those of us that are going to continue the species.

David

sb914
Holy fuch pray.gif post dates . I'll be there !!
billh1963
I'm open any time for an online sale.

I'd be very interested in the Sepia Brown car and the one with the 5 lug Fuchs (same car?)
PlantMan
I am in.
I can do May and June on any weekend, July is more difficult.
Looking for parts mostly.
tsvo
Keep us posted of dates
2mAn
May DAY! Im interested in a roller. Interested in the Sepia brown, or the flared car maybe, as long as the roller has a title and is pre76
flat4guy
I love extra parts, no room for any more cars.
matthepcat
Depending on my ownership status, I could make the drive down for parts.
pete000
Is this going to be an auction? or first come first serve? If you you might have people camping at your doorstep. To avoid fighting over parts I would go auction style !
EdwardBlume
I may be interested in a roller for a project. Time doesn't matter.
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(pete000 @ Mar 20 2017, 11:14 PM) *

Is this going to be an auction? or first come first serve? If you you might have people camping at your doorstep. To avoid fighting over parts I would go auction style !

Says Estate Auction in the OP smile.gif
Fosterjoejr
QUOTE(SchantzMD @ Mar 19 2017, 09:52 PM) *

So I've finally come to the realization that I need to clear out my massive hoard. Every time I go behind my shop I end up looking around for a while and then walk away looking like blink.gif . Also, due to my job and a new baby I've decided that I'll never have the time to spend cleaning, advertising, and showing the massive amount of items that I've collected, so I've decided that I'm going to have a one day Estate Auction Type sale instead in the hopes of moving most if not all of it.

I'm thinking about setting the date of the sale for late May to late July 2017 and what I'd like to do is get some feedback from everyone over the next few weeks to see what dates would be convenient for you. Also, for those of you that can't attend I may add an online proxy-type bid, but that will depend on the feedback I receive.

Please reply to this post with a date when you could attend an estate sale (May, June, or July) along with if you can attend in person or only via an online sale. Also please note if you'd be interested in a car, parts, or both. Please plan on the sale to be located in the Inland Empire area of Southern California with an open house style viewing the weekend before the sale and 3-4 hours before the actual day of the sale.

Sale Items:

20 Cars in total (Rollers from $400-$1500, Shells from $50-$100)

15 Rollers & 5 Shells (All 1970-76 914-4 models including):

- LE Creamsicle
- Flared cars
- 5 Lug cars
- EV car (Electric Conversion with electric motor & trans)
- Sepia brown paint code car

Parts:

This list and the qty's will need to be finalized but will most likely contain the below plus some extras:

- F & R Bumpers (about 30+ chrome & painted from 1970-74 cars)
- Bumper rubber tops
- Heat exchangers (1.7 & 2.0, about 20 sets)
- 911 and 914-6 front suspensions (front struts, rotors, calipers ASM)
- Rear struts/suspensions arms
- Mufflers (factory & aftermarket)
- Valances (F & R)
- Rocker Panels
- Center consoles
- Engine lids
- Interior parts (Back pads, speaker enclosures, door pulls, etc)
- Glass (including rear window defrosters)
- Transmissions
- Engines (TBD)
- A/C systems
- Doors
- Gas tanks
- Wheels
- Engine lids
- Pedal ASMs
- Luggage rack

Please note that I will be watching this post and will update it with more photos and details as I have time (although limited evilgrin.gif ). Also please don't contact me with requests to view or purchase anything before the sale. I want to keep this fair for everyone and don't want to have anyone feel that they've missed out on something due to preferential treatment.

Thanks,
Mike

Hello-
i would come come to your auction!
Please post a date and time.
Thanks, Joe
Mueller
Wow, so glad that is too far away to go without the wife noticing that I wasn't home!

PlantMan
QUOTE(Mueller @ Mar 21 2017, 08:47 AM) *

Wow, so glad that is too far away to go without the wife noticing that I wasn't home!

Tell the wife you are going fishing.
SO.O.C914er
Wow this is a massive collection l'm in for parts. Any weekend in May would work for me. piratenanner.gif
JeffBowlsby
What a great idea - do it while you are still around to enjoy the dividends.

Your yard is clean and well organized...that's a great sign.

Would be interested to know more about the Creamsicle when you poste details.
Chris914n6
Putting together a personal auction website as a wordpress addon is relatively easy. Plus you can post pics easily.

I wouldn't drive hours to 'see' stuff but I would if I had bought a chassis, or something smaller a member could ship.

Getting more than a dozen together any given weekend is tough.

My first 75 got wrecked but I kept all the pieces, so I keep a lookout for a good 75-76 chassis within towing distance.
Plus I like having a few spare body parts; trunk lids, chrome bumpers, for the 'just in case' moments.
TonyA
Interested in on line or open auction in person. I travel to LA once in a while if I can look at the cars before hand PM me I wil be in LA next Thursday thru Saturday.
TonyA
QUOTE(TonyA @ Mar 21 2017, 10:24 PM) *

Interested in on line or open auction in person. I travel to LA once in a while if I can look at the cars before hand PM me I wil be in LA next Thursday thru Saturday.

I just read your entire post. Forget the PM let's keep it fare. Like I said I would do either auction.
boxsterfan
How much for the whole lot?
914outlaw
I PMed you a couple of days ago.
I am interested in the EV conversion. Which one in the picture is the EV car? Since I am on the East coast, I can only do an online sale and arrange for shipping.

Thank you,
David

Front yard mechanic
Christmas would be good for me it gives me more time to be a good boy wreath.gif
pete000
Auctions are fun ! I will try to be there for sure.
Steve H
A live auction in May or June would be loads of fun.
zx-niner
Don't really need anything but might come to immerse myself in all that 914-ness. Which would probably mean getting something I don't need. Late May or July would work.
Larmo63
Set a date, and get on with it. You have plenty of interested buyers, including me. Why not just go for it? confused24.gif
scraperhand
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Mar 24 2017, 07:46 PM) *

Set a date, and get on with it. You have plenty of interested buyers, including me. Why not just go for it? confused24.gif

i agree, im socal looking for a straight early roller which you may or may not have
SchantzMD
I appreciate all the replies and from the feedback I'm going to plan to set the tentative date for Saturday, June 24th. As stated in the original post I am unfortunately extremely busy with a new baby and a vehicle model launch at work and therefore don't have much "home" time to show cars and parts every weekend from now til then. Therefore please don't take my lack of response to multiple pms requesting to view items in advance as an insult.

I also want to remind everyone that to keep this fair for all and to keep my sanity I am not going to reply to any request to purchase things in advance, so again please don't contact me behind the scenes in hopes of making a deal. My plan will be to begin to photograph and list each item online as I have time so everyone clearly knows what is what in advance, I will then plan to make everything available for viewing in person a week prior to and 3-4 hours before the auction. I will also plan to have online bidding available for all those that can't attend. The online bidding will likely be setup to end at midnight the night BEFORE the day of the sale.

To answer a few questions that I've received:

The LE is the white car in the pic, this is the 2nd car going from left to right. This car has been listed in the 914LE registry and was confirmed to have original orange rocker panels. I do not have a COA from Porsche on this car.

The Sepia brown car is not one of the 5 lug cars, it still has the stock 4 lug hubs. This is the 14th car going from left to right.

The EV car is the black car, 3rd car going from left to right. This car currently has a DC motor and trans in it. This DC motor can be clocked to handle 36-144 volts.

The flared car is the one with the silver hood, it has 5 lug wheels on it and is the 7th car going from left to right.

With my current schedule this will take me a few months to coordinate so please be patient.

More details to come.....

2mAn
dammit.... I was planning on going to Laguna Seca that weekend. Lets see what pans out

(dont change it because of me. stick to the date and let me try and change my schedule)
914z
I'm in
Shadowfax
Will the online bidding be available to out-of-state buyers? Wondering if you would be willing to ship parts.

Thanks.
JeffBowlsby
Status?
siverson
I'm in!

-Steve
ValcoOscar
I am in also...

Fatboy007
Dannnnggg it's like The Knights Templar at a gathering... hells yes I'll be there I'n in Sandy Yego
ValcoOscar
Once a FIRM date is set and confirmed, I’m open to a day of (early morning) meet up at my ranch in Temecula where we can caravan or carpool to Riverside location. I plan on taking a trailer and am willing to transport and possibly store parts for those who fly in or don’t have trucks. I live in No OC so I can arrange drop off near there as well. And, If there is enough MEMBER interest I can host up to 12 Friday overnight individuals throughout my property, let’s get this sale set in stone.

Sounds like a 914 dream sale that rarely comes up.

Let me know….

piratenanner.gif

SchantzMD
Quick update:

I'm only about 25% ready to hold the sale so the sale date of the 24th I is definitely going to have to be pushed back.

The good news is that our new truck just launched so things are starting to slow down at work, so with any luck I'll be able to start devoting some time again to this.

I'll update this post with a new date when I'm 100% confident that it's set and will give everyone as much advance notice as possible.
jt914
I'm local and would definitely like to attend
Mikey914
Keep us posted definitely interested, not sure how I missed this. driving.gif
Fatboy007
Love to make it this month... July super hot our there. love to see it all idea.gif
Ed_Turbo
QUOTE(Fatboy007 @ Jun 15 2017, 10:33 AM) *

Love to make it this month... July super hot our there. love to see it all idea.gif

About to say that. Summer is kicking in and is getting super hot.
914_teener
Jeez Mike.....haven.t seen you since you got married.

Early July? I.ll be there for sure.

amheep
My Wife and I are interested in attending an Auction in July, if you're still having one. We have a 1973 2.0 in a total rebuild mode, and are looking for misc parts and/or a roller mostly intact. We live in Washington State, and would take a couple of days notice for us to attend. Thanks, AL
TonyA
Is this still on at some point???
JRust
I am interested as well. I'll patiently wait for the date
csdilligaf
I bought a yellow shell from you 4-5 years ago and still need parts so count me in. Have you came up with a date yet?
914-300Hemi
Hey Mike,
I would definitely would like to come to the auction.

Ravi
SchantzMD
Finally an update, I only have 1 open week until the end of the year so the auction date has been set for Saturday October 21st @ 11:00am.

Auction will be rain or shine and will start at 11:00am SHARP!

Please see the website below with auction & lot details, parts listings to come.

In person and online proxy bidding will be available, please read all terms and conditions.

http://914auction.com/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.