Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Had to shipe a part on Ebay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
If it was, sorry. It was for something that doesnt come up very often at all and when I saw it, I had to have it. I waited till the last 2 or 3 seconds and popped in my bid, of course I won it. I sent the guy an email appologizing for sniping him but that is how it goes. I dont know his name and havent seen him here but in the email, I told him to come here and check it out if he hasnt already. He tried to snipe it too but I am much better at it. I came in 2 seconds after him. If he is on here, no hard feelings? It is an auction after all.

biggrin.gif
Lou W
Ok, what was it? enquiring minds want to know biggrin.gif
StratPlayer
"NO SOUP FOR YOU"
Aaron Cox
dang it.....
you owe me beer.... dry.gif laugh.gif

what was it?
Kerrys914
ar15.gif All is fair in Love, War, and EBAY ar15.gif

Linky needed aktion035.gif
skline
The part in question was a brand new MKII front spoiler/bumper for the Chalon. Here is a picture. It gives me appearance options. I will paint it the same time I paint the car and the other one I have so it will all match. The same seller had a rear one too that was new but I already have a spare rear bumper and its brand new also. This just covers me in case of a minor collision for spare parts. I am thinking of the future.

brant
yeah.. were all curious now.

Ohhh... "I'm the real other guy"
(what was the name of that old game show?)

brant
skline
Oh BTW, these are $600.00 new from mitcom, Joe and I priced them a year ago for his. I got this for less than $200.00. smilie_pokal.gif
Jenny
"Had to shipe a part on Ebay"

I read it as 'had to ship a part on ebay.' What was wrong with that? confused24.gif Oh, Snipe! Think of it this way. He was sniping as well. It could very well be him apoligizing to you.

Jen
drgchapman
I was eyeballing that piece. Cool looking front end. Will it work with standard front body work? Sniping seems the only way to get things on e-bay with out creating a bidding war where the seller just sits back and watches more $$ roll in.

God Job, Dude! smilie_pokal.gif

Gary
Mueller
QUOTE (skline @ May 5 2005, 01:55 PM)
The part in question was a brand new MKII front spoiler/bumper for the Chalon. Here is a picture. It gives me appearance options. I will paint it the same time I paint the car and the other one I have so it will all match. The same seller had a rear one too that was new but I already have a spare rear bumper and its brand new also. This just covers me in case of a minor collision for spare parts. I am thinking of the future.

well hell, I thought it would be something "usefull" to "improve" the a 914...not a dress up item biggrin.gif laugh.gif lol2.gif
skline
He probably wouldnt have though, I just try to be a nice guy and hope I dont hurt anyones feelings. His name is Maxchucker and he is from north of New York. I had 2 seconds to go when I bid and he had bid about 6 or 7 seconds to go. At that point, I didnt know he was bidding as I was already in the process. Here is a link to the auction.

Chalon Bumper
Lou W
skline Posted on May 5 2005, 12:59 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh BTW, these are $600.00 new from mitcom, Joe and I priced them a year ago for his. I got this for less than $200.00.  

Good Job smilie_pokal.gif

I was watching the Euro lenses that went for $280.00, I noticed that some of the 914 clubbers were bidding on that one. smile.gif
skline
QUOTE (Mueller @ May 5 2005, 02:04 PM)
QUOTE (skline @ May 5 2005, 01:55 PM)

well hell, I thought it would be something "usefull" to "improve" the a 914...not a dress up item biggrin.gif laugh.gif lol2.gif

It does improve my 914, the bumper boxed up only weighs 14 pounds, how much does your front bumper weigh? biggrin.gif
SLITS
It'll be back on eBay...Scott will never finish it.....the part will just sit in the box until he sells it smile.gif
skline
QUOTE (drgchapman @ May 5 2005, 02:03 PM)
I was eyeballing that piece. Cool looking front end. Will it work with standard front body work? Sniping seems the only way to get things on e-bay with out creating a bidding war where the seller just sits back and watches more $$ roll in.

God Job, Dude! smilie_pokal.gif

Gary

I dont know if it would really or not, it is made for the 914 but it looks like a 911 clone. The one i have now is exactly like a 911 but this one has the spoiler out to the front of the bumper. Here is a picture of one with the MKII front end and mine.
Brent
QUOTE (SLITS @ May 5 2005, 01:13 PM)
It'll be back on eBay...Scott will never finish it.....the part will just sit in the box until he sells it smile.gif

...but at least he should make a profit ( if no storage fee are calculated)

Also, tagging along on Jenny's input, can one edit a Post title??? I also thought it was a shipping story. wink.gif
skline
I can always delete the whole thing and recreate it. The h and the n are so close on my keyboard, I had corrected it twice in the original post but didnt notice the title. I think an Admin can do it.
morph
That's funny. We were going to bid on it, but I missed the auction. We have a very low rust chalon tub sitting here with no front bumper, I have been looking everywhere for a front bumper and I cannot find one.

BTW- Never apologize for sniping,just dance around pointing at the computer saying things like "YEAH! IN YOUR FACE" and "WHO'S THE WINNER NOW"

HIEDI
BIGKAT_83
QUOTE (morphenspectra @ May 5 2005, 05:10 PM)

BTW- Never apologize for sniping,just dance around pointing at the computer saying things like "YEAH! IN YOUR FACE" and "WHO'S THE WINNER NOW"

HIEDI

agree.gif

Aaron Cox
uh....do those wilwoods fit 3" spacing or 3.5"?

RSR coilovers..... very cool
BIGKAT_83
I modified the struts from the 3" spacing to 3.5 " and added the wilwoods.

Bob
Joe Bob
Of course his next post will be....

Hey anyone driving from Fresno (Or whatever) and schlep this part down for me.... biggrin.gif
skline
QUOTE ("Z" @ May 5 2005, 03:33 PM)
Of course his next post will be....

Hey anyone driving from Fresno (Or whatever) and schlep this part down for me.... biggrin.gif

No but thanks for the offer Mike, actually, its up in Napa and Martin Baker is going to go pick it up for me and just hold it up there till I am ready for it or I get up there to visit or they come down to visit, one or the other. It was nice of you to offer though. biggrin.gif
tracks914
QUOTE (Lou W @ May 5 2005, 01:05 PM)
skline Posted on May 5 2005, 12:59 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh BTW, these are $600.00 new from mitcom, Joe and I priced them a year ago for his. I got this for less than $200.00.  

Good Job smilie_pokal.gif

I was watching the Euro lenses that went for $280.00, I noticed that some of the 914 clubbers were bidding on that one. smile.gif

I was watching the lenses too but was only willing to go up to $250. After that I just didn't need them all that bad.
As for the other club members bidding.....if they wanted to come up here and kick my butt for outbidding them...I'll have the beer on ice and welcome them with open arms. beerchug.gif
SLITS
Allright!!!! A CanAm War......at least it's close to home biggrin.gif
neo914-6
QUOTE (tracks914 @ May 5 2005, 02:41 PM)
I'll have the beer on ice. beerchug.gif

Don't you just leave the beer outside? laugh.gif
neo914-6
QUOTE (skline @ May 5 2005, 01:16 PM)

Gary [/QUOTE]
I dont know if it would really or not, it is made for the 914 but it looks like a 911 clone. The one i have now is exactly like a 911 but this one has the spoiler out to the front of the bumper. Here is a picture of one with the MKII front end and mine.

The Gen2 bumpers are nicer but the air dam is more forward where it will hit or scrape more often...
skline
It just means I will have to go a little slower out the driveway. biggrin.gif
dlo914
scott, which ebay sniping prog are you using? and dont worry i dont ebay much smile.gif
tracks914
QUOTE (Neo914 @ May 5 2005, 05:41 PM)

Don't be silly....if we leave it outside it will freeze then we can't drink it. wacko.gif
Lou W
dlo914   Posted on May 5 2005, 06:09 PM scott, which ebay sniping prog are you using? and dont worry i dont ebay much smile.gif

Yeah, like he's really gonna tell us. biggrin.gif
redshift
That was me, but no worries, I was just jacking the price up on ya.

If I won, I'd have just thrown it away.

smile.gif

M
skline
QUOTE (dlo914 @ May 5 2005, 07:09 PM)
scott, which ebay sniping prog are you using? and dont worry i dont ebay much smile.gif

I dont use a program, I have an atomic clock that is the exact same time. biggrin.gif
neo914-6
QUOTE (tracks914 @ May 5 2005, 06:10 PM)
QUOTE (Neo914 @ May 5 2005, 05:41 PM)

Don't be silly....if we leave it outside it will freeze then we can't drink it. wacko.gif

beer heater? chairfall.gif
dlo914
QUOTE (skline @ May 5 2005, 06:18 PM)
QUOTE (dlo914 @ May 5 2005, 07:09 PM)
scott, which ebay sniping prog are you using? and dont worry i dont ebay much  :)

I dont use a program, I have an atomic clock that is the exact same time. biggrin.gif

sorry to hi-jack but any luck on that complete 1.8 scott?
drew365
Damn; I've been looking to hoard a front dam also, just in case. I'd use the foglight openings for brake ducts. Let me know if you see another, that is if you're not starting a collection.
SLITS
QUOTE (skline @ May 5 2005, 07:05 PM)
It just means I will have to go a little slower out the driveway. biggrin.gif

If it ever gets outta the driveway........Shalome

Howie made me do it happy11.gif
skline
Well, many of you have not seen it lately, it does run and drive, I am leaving now and wont be back till tomorrow night but on Saturday, I will take you all for a drive around the block in it. I will post a video of it pulling out the driveway, (Without scraping) and down the street and around the corner and a decent accel up belfast then turn around and come back so you can all see what I see. Should be fun. So as they say on TV, Film at 11. biggrin.gif
SLITS
QUOTE (skline @ May 5 2005, 08:10 PM)
Well, many of you have not seen it lately, it does run and drive, I am leaving now and wont be back till tomorrow night but on Saturday, I will take you all for a drive around the block in it. I will post a video of it pulling out the driveway, (Without scraping) and down the street and around the corner and a decent accel up belfast then turn around and come back so you can all see what I see. Should be fun. So as they say on TV, Film at 11. biggrin.gif

Remember the Keystone Cops.....well.....Film at 11 laugh.gif
Toast
QUOTE (SLITS @ May 5 2005, 08:03 PM)
Howie made me do it happy11.gif

I'm here to defend Howard!

huh.gif
Brando
Make sure you fill the tank before your joyride begins Scott. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.