Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rain hats
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Elliot Cannon
While at the Phoenix Club event, it was forecast to rain, (it did) especially when I drove home. Knowing that, I made a note to myself to bring and install my rain hats for the carbs. Then proceeded to leave without them. wacko.gif . I made cheap rain hats with a large plastic water bottle. I bought a bottle of water for about 2 dollars, drained the water, cut it lengthwise and bolted the halves to the top of the air filter covers. It rained like a beeotch on the way home and they worked great.
Mikey914
Jesus Elloit,
I'll GIVE you a set of rain hats!!!
r_towle
first.gif
whitetwinturbo
aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Mar 20 2017, 07:20 PM) *

Jesus Elloit,
I'll GIVE you a set of rain hats!!!

I've GOT rain hats. I just forgot to BRING them with me. Hey, I'll be 71 in May. Sometimes my memory....uh? smoke.gif
pete000
I figured it was going to rain so I left my 914 at home...

Nice improvising !
RickS
All you need are some clear plexi covers, as soon as some one develops them. Maybe some oversized flat pieces would work, but not too fire retardant.
bdstone914
Neat hack, Do you do stuff like that on the airplane?
EdwardBlume
Looks all futuristic! w00t.gif
tygaboy
You should bottle that and sell it. shades.gif
ThePaintedMan
FWIW, the aluminum foil bowl-tops that Chipotle serves their burritos in happen to be the perfect shape/size for rain hats... not that I would know. biggrin.gif
RickS
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Mar 21 2017, 07:34 AM) *

FWIW, the aluminum foil bowl-tops that Chipotle serves their burritos in happen to be the perfect shape/size for rain hats... not that I would know. biggrin.gif

Considering Chipotle's track record, does that mean you order two burritos, mount the tops and throw out the burritos? Or considering you drive a car with no modern safety devices, do you eat the burritos and continue to live life dangerously? You daredevil you biggrin.gif
Mikey914
QUOTE(RickS @ Mar 20 2017, 10:13 PM) *

All you need are some clear plexi covers, as soon as some one develops them. Maybe some oversized flat pieces would work, but not too fire retardant.

On that. Give me a week. Ill post some pics.
Mark
RickS
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Mar 21 2017, 08:18 AM) *

Mark

For a six would be super cool. Thanks Mark
colingreene
thats hilarious
Mikey914
QUOTE(RickS @ Mar 21 2017, 08:32 AM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Mar 21 2017, 08:18 AM) *

Mark

For a six would be super cool. Thanks Mark

Working on 6 also. Should be able to have in about another week on those.
Mark
11tenths
Mark-

I've dreamed of clear covers for my six for years- finding back-fire-proof material was my stumbling block. What will yours be made of?

I'd love a set of these. aktion035.gif

Cheers- Harry
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.