Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rod Stewart song
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TonyAKAVW
I was listening to the radio at lunch today and heard a song form the Never a Dull Moment album (1972) called True Blue. In it there are the lyrics...

Never gonna own a race-horse
or a fast back mid-engine Porsche

Any idea what he is referring to? Maybe the 904? 914 doesn't seem very fast-back....

-Tony
xsboost90
speedster?
Brent
Slight hijack : What does "FASTBACK" mean anyway (I am familiar with Mustang FB vs Coupe)
bondo
QUOTE (Brent @ May 5 2005, 02:22 PM)
Slight hijack : What does "FASTBACK" mean anyway (I am familiar with Mustang FB vs Coupe)

I'm pretty sure it means the roofline continues all the way to the back of the car. If the trunk lid includes the back window, it's a hatchback or a wagon. If it doesn't, it's a fastback.

Some people call the 65-66 fastback mustangs NARFs (not a real fastback) because the roofline ends in the middle of the trunk lid. In 67 they fixed that. smile.gif
Z Driver
Maybe Rod Stewart has no idea what's the difference is between a rear engine and mid engine. confused24.gif The 914 looks like the definition of a anti-fastback to me.
tat2dphreak
you guys are missing the REAL issue... WTF are you doing listening to Rod Stewart?

we need an intervention... STAT
skline
Hey now, I have some great memories of some women from my past and I can always remember Rod Stewart singing in the background when they finally gave in. happy11.gif

Thinking of "Tonights the Night"
bondo
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ May 5 2005, 02:42 PM)
you guys are missing the REAL issue... WTF are you doing listening to Rod Stewart?

Good point! I know where he lives!

Bring your torches and pitchforks, and all the GOOD 70/80s music you can find!

BONDOMOBRULE (sorry craig!)
lagunero
QUOTE (skline @ May 5 2005, 02:52 PM)
Hey now, I have some great memories of some women from my past and I can always remember Rod Stewart singing in the background when they finally gave in. happy11.gif

moving along 10 years later.............I have good memories with Judas Priest playing in the background but somehow I can't into the mood anymore.
redshift
Fastback

Notchback

Hatchback

Hunchback

Beback

M
sj914
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ May 5 2005, 01:42 PM)

Could be worse, could be listening to Barry Manilow.
Lou W
Switchback
i love porsche
hairyback
double-a
flashback smoke.gif
bondo
Back In Black!
bmcwilli
Camelback

StandBack

Loopback

Flashback
dlo914
QUOTE (skline @ May 5 2005, 01:52 PM)

YOU SLY DEVIL happy11.gif
Porsche Doc
You guys are to YOUNG!
There was a LOT of drugs in them days, and Rod using MOST of them! smoke.gif
airsix
Yackity Yak wink.gif
drew365
Stewart has had several 911's, he probably never needed to look at where the engine is. I've worked on his house, he has several Ferrari's and a Rolls in the garages. I understand he likes soccer teams also. barf.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.