Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New master cylinder
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
80cap
I just received a new master cylinder (ATE). My question is the 2 steel washers that are supposed to be installed under the grommets are somewhat small for the opening. How are they meant to work? They seem to fit rather loose.
Brian
yellow75
my replacement did not have them. I did not know you had to transfer them. I was wondering if I can do without them as I already installed the damn thing.
BeatNavy
QUOTE(yellow75 @ Mar 21 2017, 06:33 PM) *

my replacement did not have them. I did not know you had to transfer them. I was wondering if I can do without them as I already installed the damn thing.

You're likely to have brake fluid leaking sad.gif You need those.

You seat those washers/gaskets in the MC feed inlets and then press the lines in on top of them. The lines will keep them in place.
mepstein
They just sit under the rubber grommets. They are a loose fit. You need them. They are not optional.
MartyYeoman
My master cylinder (19mm ATE, I think) had a slight counterbore these washers seated in. It was obvious when they were registered correctly.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 21 2017, 05:01 PM) *

They just sit under the rubber grommets. They are a loose fit. You need them. They are not optional.

agree.gif
cwpeden
Fritz: The master cylinder lines are leaking!

Hans: Don't tell the engineers! Just stick a washer in there. Then go to the factory and tell them to do it to all of them.

Fritz: Good idea.

Hmm, now I don't remember seeing them on mine.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(cwpeden @ Mar 22 2017, 08:40 AM) *

Hmm, now I don't remember seeing them on mine.

Mine Raspberry car didn't have them The original owner didn't install them when he put the 23mm master cylinder on the car.

t worked fine until it didn't and that was when it was on the top part of the four post lift with my flared car underneath. Dripped on the bottom car all Winter I didn't notice it until Spring of last year. I just got the flared car back from paint........
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.