Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My 74 V8 car before and after paint
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
burton73
I bought my 1974 from Craig at Camp 914. You may have seen it on his wall of sold cars. Long story but a guy on the world site send me a few pictures of it when he picked it up in Palm Springs, and one shot after the paint. I do not know the full story but it ended up as a 6 conversion and then I bought the rolling chassis from Duc through Craig.
So the car was shipped down to my Plastic Factory and I have been dicking with it for a long time. It came with a 914-4 suspension and roller tires and wheels.
I have a v8 and factory 930 Transmissions that is flipped and pro built from G-Box Porsche Transmissions with LSD and oil cooling, 930 CVs and stub axles and all the good stuff. That came from Army Dude in his 74 V8 car.

I pulled what was good and I saved some parts and cut up the rest. Anyway it has taken a very long time and I am back at it. My back has been bad and I had a surgery in December and I am doing much better now.

Bob
Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
76-914
Looks fantastic. beerchug.gif
Front yard mechanic
Not the same car shades.gif
Dion
Glad ya have your health back. Like that colour. Looks good!
sb914
Nice job!!
Love to see it some day
jkb944t
Nice progress! piratenanner.gif

Jeff B
Krieger
The car looks incredible! beerchug.gif
green914
Very nice! w00t.gif
whitetwinturbo
aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif
.....I'm close by (Newport Beach) so I look forward to seeing this beauty while I bang on mine so more sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif stirthepot.gif
Cairo94507
Very nice. Glad your surgery worked out and you are back at it. smilie_pokal.gif
burton73
So this is a picture of Army Dudes car when I bought it. I pulled the engine trans and brackets and put the brackets into my 1974 blue body and gave away the old 350 engine.

The set up on the 930 trans was done upside down with a breather on what is now the top and also with oil cooling and LSD, done by G-box, This setup is good for 650 HP. 930 Turbo CVs Eric@PMB

Hydraulic Clutch is set up for what is now the top. I like to keep the metal in the trunk somewhat the same so this is what I did. I build a cover and small riser to clear the clutch slave cylinder and bump in the 930 trans shape. I also have a cover to adjust the distributor. Extra body panels to fit the covers so it has the factory ridges from Bruce Stone.

Bob B
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.