Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1975 Headlights Won't go down
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gspreeman
I just picked up this car so, I'm not sure what was done to it in the past. I got the car and turned the headlights on and off a few times and they came up and lit just fine. Turned them off and there was a lag of maybe 30 seconds and they would go back down. The last time I turned them on, they went up and turned on just fine. Pushed in the headlight switch and the lights turned off but, the lights didn't go back down into the body. Both of them btw. Any easy diagnosis/fiises?
cwpeden
Perhaps the pivots need lubrication.

If you turn the knob on the end of the headlight motor it will cause the contacts to come off their parking spot and operate the motor.

If it operates this way then....you have me stumped cause I'm no electrician.
Rand
I'd pull the relays and clean the contacts for starters. (They are round widgets near the buckets.) Although if they both do it, it's more likely a bad connection / ground elsewhere.

IPB Image
TheCabinetmaker
If they go up, the relays are working. Had this same problem a while back. Pushed and held the switch and they closed. Might not be the same problem, but worth a try.
mgphoto
turn the black knob on the top of the headlight motor should close when the relay is switched by movement. If there is no power and the relay is not energized, keep turning the knob till the headlight is down, it will keep rotating up again, if you keep turning the knob.
Mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.