Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT Big Brothers Big Sisters
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tnorthern
Kinda long but this is an email I received this month from Big Brothers Big Sisters (my ex is a big sister and fairly active in the program) and thought why not post this and see if maybe a few of us could try to get some teeners started real early! Again it's long but if you are interested read it and check em out, you never who's life you might change. Thanks folks!

I'd like to make a special appeal this month: We need men! That's right, we need male volunteers for the thousands of boys across the country who are looking forward to being matched with a Big Brother.

Sometimes we guys need a little extra push to get the ball rolling. So if you’re a guy who has considered becoming a Big Brother, we need you! If you know men who would make a good Big Brother, please forward this on and encourage them to volunteer.

As a Big Brother myself, I can honestly say it's a remarkable journey, providing perspective not only on your own life, but more importantly in shaping and guiding the life of a Little.

Sharing the challenges you've faced in life, how you overcame them, and what you learned along the way takes very little time, but means a great deal. It's the Little Moments you spend together that make Big Magic. It's an hour at the library, going to a basketball game, or even running errands. It's hiking, going to a movie, or playing baseball.

So please step up to the plate and help us fill the critical need for Big Brothers. Volunteer or forward this email to a guy who'd make a great Big Brother!

Thanks for making Big Magic!

Sincerely,

Ryan E. Hamilton
Newsletter Editor

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Big Brothers Big Sisters * 230 N. 13th St. * Philadelphia, PA 19107
www.BigBrothersBigSisters.org

tnorthern
icon_bump.gif ahem... for the good of society, anybody?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.