Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bucket seats on ebay.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
daytona
Hi everyone,
Looking to purchase some more supportive seats for the 914 and ran across these on e-bay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2X-Black-PU-Faux-L...285&vxp=mtr .

I know there was thread about these seats some months ago but I can't find it now. Am wondering if anyone here purchased or tried one of these. I know these are cheap but some of the other seats have scary prices.

Thanks,
Bill.
Optimusglen
I remember that thread. I think the consensus was that you get what you pay for, you'll probably be disappointed in these.

Also, they look super cheap and terrible.

Are the stock seats not supportive enough for you?
daytona
Hi Optimusglen,
The original seats are ok, but for autoxing they are useless. I am looking for a good sporty supportive seats for a 914-6 conversion.
sixaddict
Back in the day when I was very poor I used to remove the seat cushion to let me get planted... Had bar in back window ,,,,and harnesses.
One big issue with many seats is no slots for belts which is not very good. Just my "Glory Days " story and info on support.
Good luck
greggearhead
What sixaddict said. Get a harness and see how that works. My first couple autocrosses when I was a poor college student, I had a Scirocco and reclined the seat, locked the inertia reel belt, then inclined the seat into it, locking me in place. Not as good as a harness, but 100% better than not locking it.
porsha916
hi, remove the seat bottom and have a thinner one made, a harness will help also! smile.gif
bfrymire
I am using Kirkie drag seats. Work for me, easy to adapt, and pretty inexpensive for a race seat. (Buy the cover/padding for it!)

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.