Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: gauge lights
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JimN73
My electrical plan shows that all of the gauge illuminating lights emanate from or terminate at a single location. it's a '73.

Where is that? I haven't dug too far into it because I don't want to muck up too much.

Thanks
vin man
QUOTE(JimN73 @ Mar 22 2017, 12:29 PM) *

My electrical plan shows that all of the gauge illuminating lights emanate from or terminate at a single location. it's a '73.

Where is that? I haven't dug too far into it because I don't want to muck up too much.

Thanks

I'm not an expert so someone please check me on this. But wouldn't they all be connected to the headlight switch?
timothy_nd28
Depends how far you want to trace it back, but yes, the black wire with blue stripe does lead back to the rheostat part of the headlight switch.
Frankvw
I had a break in the wire in that area somewhere under the dash and could not find the bad part. It was hard to trace it all back. I took the wire from the console gauge illuminunation from under the carpet and extended that to under the dash and made the illumination loom' from there.
JimN73
Hmmm. Not getting thru to me.

My electrical diagram (Pelican) shows 8 or more wires from/to the gauge illuminating lights coming together just above and to the left of the tach, #22 - nowhere near (as if that matters) near the light switch, #28. On the other page, it's above and to the right of the fuel gauge.

I'd like to find that jumble of wires.

TIA
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.