Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT Sort of......
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
John
I just bought a 911 front suspension, struts, brakes, etc. to go to 5-lug wheels, and the struts are Bilstein (green).

I want to keep them green, but does anyone know what color green is a close match?

I will probably bead blast the struts and dust covers and go with a nice aerosol spray-bomb.

Thanks in advance.

ArtechnikA
can't help you with the green; i did find a rattle-can that's a pretty good match for the Bilstein Sport yellow, tho - that's what i'll be using...
Mueller
QUOTE (JOHNMAN @ May 5 2005, 04:48 PM)
I just bought a 911 front suspension, struts, brakes, etc. to go to 5-lug wheels, and the struts are Bilstein (green).

I want to keep them green, but does anyone know what color green is a close match?

I will probably bead blast the struts and dust covers and go with a nice aerosol spray-bomb.

Thanks in advance.

you could send a dust cover to Tower Paint and they'll match it and send you the paint in a rattle can....
John
i did find a rattle-can that's a pretty good match for the Bilstein Sport yellow, tho - that's what i'll be using...

What paint color matches the yellow bilstein rear shocks? Can I find it locally?

Please share.
ArtechnikA
i have found "Plasti-Kote Anti-Rust Enamel" #376 "Brite Yellow" to be a pretty good match - i haven't sprayed my struts yet so i can't say that it's a 100% side-by-side match. but i plan to (lightly) respray all the parts, so there will be no side-to-side match issues.

if you have two colors side by side most people can spot a difference. but if you have all the parts painted the same color - even if it "should" be a tone darker or warmer, people will "see" the right color. if this doesn't turn out to be a good match IRL, i'll update this post...

FWIW - the last time i sprayed these struts it was in "Koni Orange" for which Rustoleum "Flamingo Red" was a very close match.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.