Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: it's wash day
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tryan
65 degrees today.
Ferg
I'm thinking you have pretty good parking brakes from the look of that picture! Love that area, and dream of driving the car on the dragon's tail someday. Ferg.
Bleyseng
Nice 911 doner car for the 914/6 conversion....
Have any shots up in the Smokey Mountains of the cars ? Heard its real pretty there.
Geoff
tryan
i have been looking for a 3.2 to stick in the 911 and swap the 2.4t into the 'teener. i found another notchback to finish the 66 among other monetary delusions. she might get a 2.0 badge.

129 aka deals gap aka the dragons tail is one of many fun roads. 113 curves in 11 miles. my best time is 14min 45 sec .

i used to keep a boat in nc, so i have it pretty much memorized. i did not know the road was that infamous. the bikers rip it up and the miatas hog it on the weekends. come on down, i let you drive.

foothills parkway has a 6 mile run on the east end and an 18 mile run next to 129. wicked ridgeline runs. the park service does not patrol but a couple times a day.

what parking brake? they work well, but i should not trust them like i do.

i tried to take some shots yesterday, but i had a hard time keeping up with my wife. biggrin.gif
Ferg
I have friends in Ashville, and I used to go to Nautahala gorge (Tsali trails) and bike once a year. Best mountain biking in the country IMO. That was before I had my teener.
tryan
ashville is hip. they shut down the whole town and have 40+ bands in the steets. we stay at the grove park inn. built at the turn of the century and it is made of stones the size of vw bugs.

the road to tsali runs the back side of fontana lake and robbinsville. lake santeela is 99% surrounded by joyce kilmer national forrest. the water is so clear, you can see 20' deep. many hot dates on that lake.

nc has the highest fuel tax to pay for all those troopers. very unforgiving lot.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.