Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tranny Problem
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kkid
Hello guys,

So my tranny has been acting up since an incident. When the engine is off it shifts in to any gears as it should( I think). But when the motor is on it wants to go to reverse from 1st gear instead of 2nd, as if there is no 2nd. Is my tranny broken?

Thanks,

kkid smile.gif

ndfrigi
QUOTE(kkid @ Mar 22 2017, 11:57 PM) *

Hello guys,

So my tranny has been acting up since an incident. When the engine is off it shifts in to any gears as it should( I think). But when the motor is on it wants to go to reverse from 1st gear instead of 2nd, as if there is no 2nd. Is my tranny broken?

Thanks,

kkid smile.gif

Probably just bushing(s) from shift linkage. From shift lever to firewall and all the way to transmission. When is the last time sir you replaced or checked them?
kkid
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Mar 23 2017, 12:34 AM) *

QUOTE(kkid @ Mar 22 2017, 11:57 PM) *

Hello guys,

Thanks,

kkid smile.gif

Probably just bushing(s) from shift linkage. From shift lever to firewall and all the way to transmission. When is the last time sir you replaced or checked them?

The bushings are all in good shape. What happened was it actually went into reverse from 1st once when the car is going forward and the car stopped suddenly. Later I found one of the cone set screws(at the shift console) was loose. Then I tighten it up but the shifter does not want to go to 2nd from 1st anymore.

kkid sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.