Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: A/C compressor mount made by dlee6204
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
nihil44
Doug Leehr (aka dlee6204) made some of these for sale but doesn't produce them anymore.

If anybody has one of the compressor mounts available for sale, I would like to purchase.
Tom_T
If nobody has one to sell, then you might ask to borrow one as a pattern to get it fabbed local to you, or local to the "lender" - or maybe dlee will share his drawings or pattern to make one. Just a plan B thought.

PS - I just noticed that you're down in OZ - so probably the latter 2 of the above plan B's - having it fabbed in the States off of another or dlee's pattern then shipped down under to you will work - unless there happens to be someone in OZ with one.

PSS - That also looks like it's made to fit the larger York R32 type compressors &/or aftermarket early ones, but you can get the complete modern R134 AC system with the more efficient rotary compressor from Auto Atlanta which will only "rob" 1-3 HP vs. 7-10 HP on the old type Yorks, & IIRC they also have the mount for the system - either in the kit or as an added part for those updating their original Porsche+Audi VPC or DPD AC systems. Yes they're expensive for a complete system, but their new, & won't run $100+ USD per can of R32 & ever rising - & which will eventually run out. A coupla-three of R32 recharges will easily run $1000+ USD over time! IMHO go for the dual condenser kit for Brisbane.

http://www.autoatlanta.com/porsche-parts/a...CLIMATE-CONTROL

Cheers Mate! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
nihil44

Tom

Thanks for your input. I would like to start with the compressor mount and work from there. I have converted my car to right hand drive so the AA kit would not readily work.

There are some RHD options available off the shelf for evaporators etc . Need to start somewhere

Thanks for the southern hemisphere

David
cgnj
I have one. Never installed. Not certain if I will use it. That pic is a prototype. Mine is designed for a Sanden compressor. The Sanden mount requires an extension on the oil filler. Customs would really suck going to OZ. Sold some stuff to a bloke down under and he moaned that I made the declared value too much. Best bet would be to get permission to dupe DLees design and get it made down there.

Carlos
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.