Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Speedometer cable routing or.....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
NJTom
Those darn "gremlins". OK we are trying to get everything back together and the speedometer cable seems like it's 2 feet to long. See picture ummmm help?
ejm
Is the other end of the cable connected to the speedo or something else. There are two different length cables for with or without the EGR counter box which was fitted to later cars. Bumper suggests it's an early car... maybe the cable isn't routed correctly...btw your transmission mount is assembled wrong
NJTom
THNAKS!
stinkindiesel
Recently went through this as well. In my case, the speedo cable had been routed incorrectly. Since I have a console, the cable was pulled short in the cabin. When I rerouted the cable all the way up to the firewall and then up to the speedo (which would have been obvious if there was no console covering it up), it took out the extra length that had me scratching my head.

Gary
Asheikh
What is the proper route for the speedometer cable ?
bdstone914
@NJTom

'
The only cable available is the longer one.
Does not look like you have a 75-76 car that had the EGR counter box in the passenger footwell.

Connect it at the speedo.
Route it over the top of the axle and attach it to the top stud on the side plate with a loop clamp. That will keep it away from the heat exchangers.
And the cupped washers on the trans washers need to be flipped. The bolts insert from the bottom so you dont have to remove the rubber mounts to drop the trans.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
your transmission mounting cups are upside down by the way
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.