Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Finding a flapper box "top"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
NJTom
Hi as we are finishing up the re-build we keep finding small hints wrong/missing. My friend and mechanic is somewhat of a perfectionist (not really a bad thing) but it does add time to the project. We are missing one of the "caps" on the flapper box. A entire replacement is well over $100.00. Was wondering if anyone had a source for just the top. We have one side complete just need another, or any other suggestions. Thanks and Much appreciated!
Harpo
Post a WTB in the FS/WTB section or contact Bruce stone or Gerald directly
NJTom
QUOTE(Harpo @ Mar 25 2017, 04:54 AM) *

Post a WTB in the FS/WTB section or contact Bruce stone or Gerald directly

Thanks.... should I delete this post?
injunmort
i probably have one pm me ,just shipping
TX914
Hint: The actuating levers on the control boxes face upwards. Otherwise the heater cable will not fit correctly. From the photo it appears you have L/R side reversed?
NJTom
QUOTE(TX914 @ Mar 26 2017, 04:32 AM) *

Hint: The actuating levers on the control boxes face upwards. Otherwise the heater cable will not fit correctly. From the photo it appears you have L/R side reversed?

Hi thanks I found one.
IronHillRestorations
One solution for too much heat on the fuel pump is to take off the bell and use a flex tube on the discharge side of the flapper box to route it away from the pump.
Tbrown4x4
I was just thinking removing the cap was a retrofit for the passenger side by the fuel pump.
Tbrown4x4
http://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/zSB_1973-10-06_P213.pdf

So technically correct for the CW's?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.