Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Summit fuel door
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
HalfMoon
Just installed the fuel door I got from Summit Racing (not an endorsement mind you), and thought I'd post for the outlaws here.
Nice to be able to fill up without having to unpin my unsprung glass hood.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/cwa-fd100al
Click to view attachment
mepstein
Makes sense on your car. Cool.
kid914
Nice...i want to do this!!
HalfMoon
QUOTE(kid914 @ Mar 25 2017, 01:55 PM) *

Wondering how to locate the center fuel tank throat for hole placement for the outer door install in the hood?
Tip-Remove gas cap, place a piece of duct tape across mouth. Eyeball center, poke small hole, invert a Sharpe, insert through hole in tape leaving it just a tad higher than the hood, close hood.
Worked perfect for me!
D
914forme
nice Tip,
rgalla9146
QUOTE(HalfMoon @ Mar 25 2017, 08:56 PM) *

QUOTE(kid914 @ Mar 25 2017, 01:55 PM) *

Wondering how to locate the center fuel tank throat for hole placement for the outer door install in the hood?
Tip-Remove gas cap, place a piece of duct tape across mouth. Eyeball center, poke small hole, invert a Sharpe, insert through hole in tape leaving it just a tad higher than the hood, close hood.
Worked perfect for me!
D

Great idea !
cali914
Nice I like the ability to lock it. You can get those at junk yard off of a lot of mustangs and some gm utilities. I have hoood pins and got really tired of on off to fill gas tank.
Larmo63
I taped a drywall screw to the middle of my stock gas cap and slowly closed the hood on it until it dimpled the metal.

Drilled there. Done.

Click to view attachment
Larmo63
Click to view attachment
Brendon
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Mar 26 2017, 11:32 AM) *

Good tip! I especially like the retro look of your fuel cap.
Where did you find it? Did it take modification to the tank filler neck?
Brendon
Harpo
That is a Blau 110mm cap and yes you need the 110 Blau filler neck. They are available in Europe and from time to time show up here as well. Another member (Ron) here on showed us how to make it.

David
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.