Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 901 trans
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tbone1819
Well guys.....another 901 trans question. I was given this trans and I’m still a bit confused. Is this a side shifter? I think it is, makes sense to me that it is since the linkage comes out of the side.
jcd914
Yes, Side shifter.
tbone1819
QUOTE(jcd914 @ Mar 25 2017, 04:16 PM) *

Yes, Side shifter.

Awesome......thanks so much!
Mark Henry
Couple of little funky things going on, the shift rod looks bent at the firewall end and at the other end, the console, what's the bit on the end of the rod?
Why the cover plate over the starter hole?
confused24.gif

...and are your hands really that small? smile.gif
rgalla9146
That plate on the starter mount is interesting.....?
Larmo63
Who needs a starter when you can just put a plate there and never have to worry about it again?

happy11.gif
pgollender
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Mar 25 2017, 01:39 PM) *

confused24.gif

T-bone, welcome.png
In your defense: Those hands would come in great for working on a Boxster and as Mark should know, the elimination of the starter saves weight. You can always push start a 914.

Tbrown4x4
Good starters are expensive. Maybe he lives on a hill?
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Tbrown4x4 @ Mar 26 2017, 11:23 AM) *

Good starters are expensive. Maybe he lives on a hill?

True in high school I drove my beat up super beetle without a working starter for a couple months. Always had to remember to park on a hill and I learned not to stall the engine PDQ.

One time in Florida the wife and I drove all the way back home (1500 miles) with a trailer and bug on it with a dead starter. Getting gas then bum starting the rig would get some looks. huh.gif
To cheap to buy a starter because I had two brand new ones at home. smile.gif
tbone1819
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Mar 25 2017, 05:39 PM) *

Couple of little funky things going on, the shift rod looks bent at the firewall end and at the other end, the console, what's the bit on the end of the rod?
confused24.gif

I was thinking the same thing about the plate. But then I remembered that this trans came out of car that was converted to electric
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.