Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
SirAndy
blink.gif
Elliot Cannon
I like it. smile.gif
Big Len
Of all the body kits I've seen, I like it too.
GeorgeRud
Nicely done! I think this was the Beach Boys Racing conversion (based out of Venice, CA) back in the day, then converted to RHD. I think a lot of money was sunk into this car.
wndsrfr
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Mar 25 2017, 06:44 PM) *

Nicely done! I think this was the Beach Boys Racing conversion (based out of Venice, CA) back in the day, then converted to RHD. I think a lot of money was sunk into this car.

"Sunk" or "Inve$ted"....actually nice look....windshield laid back.....?....Hmmm...
EdwardBlume
I'd need a roll bar to drive it.
mbseto
That's got a very contemporary look. RX-7ish. First slant-nose that looks like it was meant to be that way.
Andyrew
I like the 951 bumper with the wheels.

The steering wheel is a nice touch as well.
phillstek
Must be an Aussie thing. This one was for sale a couple of years ago. Done in the early 90’s at vast expense. All steel, no fibreglass.
RickS
It's done so well unknowing would think it was factory. Certainly looks better than a 968 cab.
Jason 914-6
more info from ad
1970 PORSCHE 914 SPEEDSTER 2.7L 911S ENGINE

This original rust free car was purchased in 1990 in California and sent to Wilco in L.A. for the speedster conversion. The chassis was stiffened, the windscreen raked, the targa bar removed, metal sheetwork fabricated, air vents added to both rear quarter panels, and a speedster folding roof fitted. The car was then shipped to Australia and converted to RHD in 1990.

The slant-nose front conversion was hand fabricated in steel (butt welded and file finished). A fibreglass front bumper adapted from the 944 Turbo completed the conversion. A 3 year bare metal rotisserie restoration - finished in Glasurit Arctic White - with tonnes of updates and modifications was completed and an Engineering Certificate was issued in 1993. This car has had serious money spent on it.

Engine is a 2.7 911S, 3.2 Carrera inlet manifold, custom extractors, stainless OEM Porsche exhaust and MicroTech EFI.

5 speed gearbox is later 914 side shifter type, with short shift kit.

1986 911 Carrera front suspension and brakes, Koni rear coilover shocks, 16" 964 Carrera alloy wheels with new Toyo Proxes tyres.

Interior is all leather with OEM Sliverknit carpet, centre console and 911 door pocket upgrades, 911 guages, 968CS leather steering wheel, detachable face CD, 3 point immobiliser and CTEK battery tender. Custom car cover included.

This classic Porsche is in amazing condition for a 47yo car that was restored 24 years ago. In 2014 it placed second in the PCNSW Concours Modified Street Car category against some big $$$ cars. Judges commented that the restoration must have been of the highest standard to hold up so well over time. The car has always been garaged and is totally rust free.
AZBanks
QUOTE(RickS @ Mar 27 2017, 09:51 PM) *

It's done so well unknowing would think it was factory. Certainly looks better than a 968 cab.

It looks a lot like my 944 cab(which looks a lot better than any 968)
csdilligaf
OK, I have to say that white 914 with 944 flares is awesome! Every bit as good looking to me anyway as GT flares.
jd74914
QUOTE(csdilligaf @ Mar 28 2017, 09:41 AM) *

OK, I have to say that white 914 with 944 flares is awesome! Every bit as good looking to me anyway as GT flares.

agree.gif It really is incredible.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.