Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another divorce sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
john914somers
I have a 914 that I built for racing, over 75K invested. I was able to take it to the track only once, way too much good stuff to list. 97' 3.6L 993 engine with 61K miles, Newly rebuilt 915 with, Velios, close ratio, limited slip(wavetrac), AN fitting for external cooler, can include pump and cooler, big brakes all the way around, custom trailing arms w/Del run and grease zeros, carbon fiber GT wing, too much suspension stuff to list... what are you looking for?
PotterPorsche
Pm sent
mepstein
Please post a price per the classified rules.
Cool car!
audio_file
PM sent...
ablesnead
I am interested in your wing , if it is affordable for me .... Lorin
My 914
do you have a link with pictures and details?
john914somers
So I have been getting a lot of response for lots of stuff but several people asking about the tranny. I have invested OVER 7K into this box and it has less than 50 miles on it. Details are on Pelican, I'm too lazy to type it again. It's 5K firm plus shipping and PayPal.Divorce sucks! Pm me if you want my cell.
jkb944t
QUOTE(john914somers @ Mar 28 2017, 03:44 AM) *

I'm too lazy to type it again.

Copy and paste can be your friend since this board is the place to find the right audience for your parts!

Jeff B
BK911
How much for entire car?
live free & drive
PM Sent
audio_file
From pelican;
Ok because I have been getting a lot of response on this I want to say publicly exactly what this tranny is so I will not PM everything again. I have somewhere around 7-8K into a mag. 915 all being said. I have receipts and could determine exactly how much but I would probably hate myself afterwords. Anyway a magnesium case was purchased because there is something about the bearings that is better than the aluminum case, I can't remember exactly what. It was rebuilt by a very reputable local Porsche shop of 20+ years, IPB Autosport in Sacramento who served as the Tech. at many racing events at Thunderhill, Sonoma and Leguna Seca. Anyway, call RON at IPB and ask him. Really nice guy, very knowledgeable, I'm sure he will talk to you. Back to the box... Ron knew this box was going behind a 3.6 993 motor and was told to spare no expense. I paid him somewhere between 4 & 5K I have the receipts and could look it up. The 4K+ does not include the following... I purchased brand new LSD, a new 8 tooth R&P (it came stock with a 7 tooth but it's not as strong) then new close ratio gears were purchased to match the taller 8 tooth R&P, it has a velios, it has the larger stub axels ( I think they are 110mm, anyway the larger, better ones), it has a Tangerine racing linkage bushing mount and bushing (VERY nice, call Chris at Tangerine in Connecticut and ask him about it), AN fittings and machine work for external cooling system, glass beaded and cleared. Ron told me yesterday that I should be asking 7K for this box. It has LESS than 50 miles on it. DIVORCE SUCKS!!

Looking forward to hearing back from you John.
Chris
matthepcat
I'm confused.

You dont have any build threads of your car, but we are supposed to know something we want? .

Are you selling the whole car or just parts?
audio_file
I'm going to be devils advocate for a second...
Dude is going thru a divorce. Unfathomably shitty for those who haven't been in his shoes. Dealing with, amongst MANY other things, selling in parts or as a whole a car that which he no doubt spent YEARS dreaming about and building, only to have life take a big dump on him just as he finished with it...
Give the dude a break. Let him process and decide what he does or doesn't want to do, and be fucking compassionate to another human being.
You can search his WTB's and other threads both here and on pelican if you need more info on the car, until he chooses to post more info, IF he ultimately decides to part with the car or its bits... OR, you could just pm him and ask for details.

Chris (Someone who's been there.)
Front yard mechanic
Waaaa confused24.gif
pgollender
I would like to pass a law that all 914's are 100% exempt from divorce settlements.

They stay with the owner that rescued them, rebuilt them and raised or raced them.
The lawyers can KMA.gif

Anybody second that ?
EdwardBlume
I'd be interested in your front oil cooler, oil lines, and thermostat. What size headers do you have? Thanks, Rob
banananose914
Hey Chris. The devil's advocate stuff is admirable, but I don't know what that has to do with the clearly posted rules. List a price and wait for a response. Rather simple to me. Divorce is tough, but using it as an excuse to avoid the long established, clear cut rules on The World does not make sense to me. I think one should do their homework then post. Oh well, just one man's opinion. 914 on!
john914somers
QUOTE(banananose914 @ Mar 28 2017, 07:15 PM) *

Hey Chris. The devil's advocate stuff is admirable, but I don't know what that has to do with the clearly posted rules. List a price and wait for a response. Rather simple to me. Divorce is tough, but using it as an excuse to avoid the long established, clear cut rules on The World does not make sense to me. I think one should do their homework then post. Oh well, just one man's opinion. 914 on!

OK, the tranny is gone. I just posted the engine for 16K on the 911 site. If there is something you want that I may have, then ask. I have lots of stuff... over 75K invested all performance stuff. If your annoyed, sorry, you don't have to ask, you can always choose to leave me alone. Pm if you want my cell. Thanks!
john914somers
Thanks Chris!!!

Some people just don't understand that there are more important things in life than 914's.... I know, hard to believe.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.