Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "Euro" high compression pistons 1970-72
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pgollender
Seems to me I bought a piston/cylinder set from AA performance a few years ago that was advertised as "Euro high" compression 8.6:1 for the 90mm x 66mm W series engine.
Now listed as d/c on AA website.
Does anyone make those anymore ?
phil_73_914_4
Hi,
I have also been looking for a set of the high-compression (domed top) pistons. I contacted Pelican Parts, and they gave me a price on some Porsche OEM pistons and cylinders for around $350 each (total of around $1,250). However, they are cast iron only so no Biral or aluminum for that price.
914Sixer
New set of NPR 90's domed pistons & cylinders (Made in Japan) on theSamba.com under Type 2 68-79 for $275. Better get them quick. Very hard to find.
larryM
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Feb 21 2018, 07:50 PM) *

New set of NPR 90's domed pistons & cylinders (Made in Japan) on theSamba.com under Type 2 68-79 for $275. Better get them quick. Very hard to find.

yes - they come & go in the market - not a helluva demand for the "euro" P&C set anymore to entice Mahle to mfgr

i built several 914-2.0's with 'em yrs ago - add a webcam #73 & overbore throttle body (Ed Mazula) & you will be amazed - maybe even outrun a stock -6-
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.