Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Newbie Introduction
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Seelenfan
I have been lurking around the site for a while and even purchased a few items from other members. I purchased my basket case project about two months ago. It has a 1.7L, it is an AZ car with little to no rust. Every piece of rubber and plastic is dry, split or missing. Since owning it I have done the following:
-Rebuilt progressive carb,
-Dissasembled​ and cleaned distributor
-New points, condenser, cap rotor, wires, plugs and coil.
-Replaced the electric fuel pump
-Removed and flushed fuel tank
-Installed new fuel line
-Replaced throttle cable
-Removed inspected, cleaned and relived pedal assembly.
-Replaced front wheel bearings
-Rebuilt front calipers, re assembled brakes with new pads
-Bled brake lines.
-Set valves
-Added case vents (back to the carb)
-I got the motor running, ideling well. And I drove it around the block yesterday. I'm going to spend all summer collecting parts.
Tom_T
welcome.png

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Seelenfan
For some reason the site isn't let me post pics. I was able to post one the other day. I haven't changed my pic settings or anything. Not sure what happened. Believe me, I didn't type all that thinking I wouldn't post pics.. I was just as disappointed as you.. dry.gif
914-300Hemi
Lower the picture resolution and try again.

welcome.png
Elliot Cannon
welcome.png
Seelenfan
Here is a pic of my car. I know it looks like a bucket or busted knuckles. But that's some of the fun of this project.
simonjb
piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif

Looks Good to me ! !!
Big Len
Looks better than a bucket of rust, love the desert....best of luck.
krazykonrad
It doesn't look that bad. It could use some paint, but it's not the worst one on here by far. Keep asking questions. The beauty of this site is that at least one person will have the answer to your question. I've been asking dumb questions on here for the last 11 years and they still keep me around.

welcome.png

Konrad
timothy_nd28
welcome.png
Mikey914
Welcome, looks like a great starting point.
I'm sure we will be talking soon biggrin.gif
Shadowfax
welcome.png
flat4guy
Welcome - you have a great starting point.
sb914
welcome.png
tom.esh
Welcome, at least yours is drivable. Better shape than mine.
PanelBilly
Welcome from the PNW
TM_Corey
welcome.png

Call me crazy, but I think it would look kinda cool with that "paint" scheme if it was a solid running car with a decent interior. idea.gif
Seelenfan
Thanks for the warm welcome. And yes I have been all over the 914rubber website. As for the body, I could strip it fix the dents and leave it bare metal for a while. Here in AZ this can be done. It's a dry heat :-)
McLovin
QUOTE(Seelenfan @ Mar 26 2017, 10:34 PM) *

Thanks for the warm welcome. And yes I have been all over the 914rubber website. As for the body, I could strip it fix the dents and leave it bare metal for a while. Here in AZ this can be done. It's a dry heat :-)

Nah, just clear coat it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.