Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It's Baaaack!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RON S.
Is it just me,or what?

It just seems,that this excellant 914/6 just keeps getting recycled more often than a plastic drink bottle.
The Ernie King car.

Ron
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...i%3A1%3A1v_home
SirAndy
a link would be nice ...

for us lazy people!
biggrin.gif Andy
RON S.
Sorry Andy,
There are still some of us who r 'puter illiterate.

R biggrin.gif
Mueller
that 3.8 with the exhaust it has in there is one of the nicest sounding 914's I have ever heard wub.gif
ThinAir
If that was my car, it wouldn't be up on eBay!

So who is Ernie King anyway?
Mueller
QUOTE (ErnieDV @ May 6 2005, 11:52 AM)
So who is Ernie King anyway?

He was the original owner of the car...he'd modify it, put it up for sale, it wouldn't sell, so he'd put more money into and repeated the pattern for a while...really nice guy that just didn't want to give the car away....you have to see it in person to appreciate it.....

I think it was listed for $40K or so last time it was in Excellance...yes, it's a lot of money, but you'd spend way more trying to copy it......if I won the Lotto, this would "one" of the cars in my garage pray.gif
anthony
I wonder why it keeps getting sold? Last time it was on ebay it was still in the Bay Area and now I see it's in Newport Beach. Too much car for people? Ernie himself told me that if was going to build the car again he'd make it more of a street hot rod rather than a track car that is still street legal. It would seem easy enough though to soften the suspension a taste.

I've seen this car in person and it is awesome. $35K Buy It Now though is just a bit out of my budget for a 914-6 no matter how nice it is.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.